Request for consultation
Raise the academic bar for your students and watch their confidence and student success skills increase. STUDENT SUCCESS IN COLLEGE: DOING WHAT WORKS! offers an accessible and relevant way for students to move beyond opinions and advice about how to succeed in college by offering an integrated approach of research backed student success practices paired with student success research studies. Your students will find success as they learn how to put the information on skills for success into practice as they strive to accomplish their academic goals. With an overall theme of reading, critical thinking and information literacy skills, STUDENT SUCCESS IN COLLEGE will help students feel comfortable with the structure of research study articles, making it more likely that they will use these higher level sources earlier in their academic careers. By providing students with shared content that is relevant and meaningful, they can practice skills they can apply immediately to their other classes. The 7 chapters in the text covers key strategies for success in college including how to use campus resources, staying motivated, setting goals, making good decisions, staying positive and establishing a support system, using memory techniques and taking notes, and preparing for tests.
- In seven chapters, STUDENT SUCCESS IN COLLEGE will provide your students with academic strategies to implement across their classes. Students will put critical thinking skills into action reading peer reviewed journal articles that highlight why the success strategies are supported and at the same time strengthening their information literacy skills.
- The 7 chapters chunk key college success concepts into seven meaningful themes and offer you the flexibility to cater the course schedule to the needs of your students, spending more time where they need it the most.
- The introductory 7 Smart Success Strategies gives students a sneak-peek at key strategies they'll need to put into action and gives them the context around the themes covered in each chapter. The seven questions that open up each chapter then connect back to the 7 Smart Success Strategies.
- Highlighting of key concepts within the text and end-of-chapter notes offer students models to follow, emphasizing the practice of correctly extracting key information and organizing it in a way that helps them to process.
- Student success research studies, in the form of peer reviewed research articles from sources like the Journal of Career Assessment, the American Psychological Association, and the College Student Journal are included in the text providing an innovative way for students to practice reading and immediately applying proven strategies for success in college.
- Zooming in on Research feature box gives a brief overview of a relevant research study that is mentioned in the chapter and how they can use the information. Students will be given exposure to thinking about specific ways that they can apply the research findings to their lives as college students.
- Critically Thinking and Reading about the Research feature box prompts students to engage in active reading and critical thinking practices as they read the research article.
- College Success CourseMate for STUDENT SUCCESS IN COLLEGE provides online interactive quizzing, videos, additional journal articles, a research summary worksheet, and more. For instructors, the web site includes sample syllabi, learning activates directly tied to learning outcomes, PowerPoint Slides, a test bank, videos and more.
2. Knowing Yourself: A Focus on Your Strengths and Motivation.
3. Setting Effective Goals and Making the Most of Your Time.
4. Making Good Decisions: A Focus on Academic, Financial, Career and Stress Management Decisions.
5. Keys to Academic Resilience: A Positive Mindset and Support System.
6. Skills You Need: Study Strategies, Memory and Note-taking.
7. It's Show Time: Tests, Papers and Presentations.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site (Instructor's Manual with Test Bank, PowerPoint®)
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations introductions and tips from the author, learning outcome matrices, instructor's manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
CSFI 2.0, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
The College Success Factors Index (CSFI) 2.0 is an online resource to help you assess students at the start of your course in ten key areas linked by research to college success, identify at-risk students with early-alert reporting, validate your college success program with a post-course assessment of students' progress, and improve your institution's retention rates. Textbook-specific remediation for STUDENT SUCCESS IN COLLEGE, 2E will help your students strengthen the areas where the survey indicates they need improvement in order to achieve greater success in college.
CSFI 2.0, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
The College Success Factors Index (CSFI) 2.0 is an online resource to help you assess yourself at the start of a course in ten key areas linked to college success, allowing you to identify your areas for improvement to increase your likelihood of success. It also enables you to determine your progress at the end of the course. Textbook-specific remediation for STUDENT SUCCESS IN COLLEGE, 2E will help you strengthen the areas that the survey indicates you could improve to achieve greater success in college.