Request for consultation
Help your students realize their dreams of small business success with Longenecker's market-leading text SMALL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT: LAUNCHING AND GROWING ENTREPRENEURIAL VENTURES, 17E. This popular text continues to lead with its comprehensive approach, precedent-setting coverage, innovative tools, engaging examples, and integrated resource package. SMALL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, 17E delves into the fundamentals of business management with an emphasis on how to start a business as well as how to manage, grow, and harvest one--the full business cycle. The book's thorough emphasis on building the business plan offers a full complement of chapters plus a full business plan that gives you flexibility in assignment options. All-new cases, proven exercises, and online activities place students in the role of decision makers to sharpen their understanding of concepts. Unforgettable examples, exciting video cases, and coverage of the most current developments in business management today keep this engaging text as current and practical now as it was when it led the market in its first edition 50 years ago. Each edition builds upon past strengths with new innovations and breakthrough developments. SMALL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, 17E provides the valuable resources your students will reference and rely upon throughout their entire business careers. Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- NEW, EXPANDED CONTENT ADDRESSES TIMELY GLOBAL ISSUES, BREAKING TECHNOLOGY, AND FAMILY BUSINESS: Now you can give your students a solid understanding of multi-level marketing, e-business, and legal and global issues affecting entrepreneurs in tough economic times. Content updates include: increased coverage of social media and social marketing; more information on Internet businesses; more examples of problems running a business; condensed coverage of ethics material; discussion of the effects of the ongoing recession on small businesses; more on building customer relationships; and updated coverage of promotional planning.
- InfoTrac® Student Collections are specialized databases expertly drawn from the Gale Academic One library. Each InfoTrac® Student Collection enhances the student learning experience in the specific course area related to the product. These specialized databases allow access to hundreds of scholarly and popular publications - all reliable sources - including journals, encyclopedias, and academic reports. Learn more and access at: http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Revised STARTUP features throughout provide direction/guidance on entrepreneurial Skills, Tools, Actions, Resources, and Transforming. For this edition, we've reduced them in length to make them more direct and useful.
- NEW and REVISED CASES ALLOW STUDENTS TO EXPLORE TIMELY ENTRPRENUERIAL OPPORTUNITIES: Careful thought has gone into preparing new thought-provoking cases at the end of the text that highlight student friendly companies and organizations. Students apply concepts they learn in each chapter to these realistic entrepreneurial situations.
- CLEARLY PRESENTED FINANCE CHAPTERS KEEP IMPORTANT FINANCIAL INFORMATION UNDERSTANDABLE AND PRACTICAL: Understanding and using financial information is frequently a challenge for both students and today's small business owners. The authors continue to hone in on these challenging chapters, fine tuning them based on student and reviewer feedback. The revised material should help create a level playing field for the "non-accounting" student.
- SMALL BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP RESOURCE CENTER EXERCISES HIGHLIGHT BREAKING RESEARCH AND ENTREPRENEURIAL CONCEPTS: Dynamic Exercises at the end of each chapter and on the CourseMate Web site direct students to the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Resource Center with more than 900,000 business articles and company information on various exciting entrepreneurial ventures. Students examine how chapter topics apply to each situation as they examine intriguing companies.
- FULL SECTION DEVOTED TO DEVELOPING A THOROUGH BUSINESS PLAN ENSURES SUCCESS: This book includes a full complement of chapters devoted to the essential tasks associated with developing a business plan. The authors ensure that students answer all of the tough questions in developing a business plan. Targeted questions within the chapters in Part 3 lead students through the process of building their own plans by ensuring that they focus on the pertinent, not the peripheral. An in-text sample business plan gives students a finished product to dissect and analyze. LivePlan Pro helps take students to the next level by completing their business plans online.
- INTEGRATED LEARNING SYSTEM COORDINATES TEXT AND SUPPLEMENTS FOR WINNING APPROACH: Beginning with the learning objectives that open each chapter, this book organizes information into distinct, focused, and comprehensible segments. Numbered icons in the text margins indicate where coverage related to each objective appears. All relevant content related to learning objectives is recapped in end-of-chapter summaries.
- WEALTH OF ONLINE RESOURCES TO ASSIST IN CASE ANALYSIS AND WRITING BUSINESS PLANS: Enrich your students' learning experience with the wealth of resources. Students gain instant access to the popular "StartUp Stories" videos, useful business plan templates, exercises to accompany the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Resource Center as well as helpful interactive quizzes and e-lectures. You will have the ability to track student progress and identify at-risk students while it's still early enough to help.
2. Entrepreneurial Integrity and Ethics.
3. Getting Started.
4. Franchising and Buyouts.
5. The Family Business.
6. The Business Plan: Visualizing the Dream.
7. The Marketing Plan.
8. The Human Resource Plan: Managers, Owners, Allies, and Directors.
9. The Location Plan.
10. Understanding a Firm's Financial Statements.
11. Forecasting Financial Requirements.
12. A Firm's Sources of Financing.
13. Planning for the Harvest.
14. Building Customer Relationships.
15. Product and Supply Chain Management.
16. Pricing and Credit Decisions.
17. Promotional Planning.
18. Global Opportunities for Small Business.
19. Professional Management in the Entrepreneurial Firm.
20. Managing Human Resources.
21. Managing Operations.
22. Managing the Firm's Assets.
23. Managing Risk in the Small Business.
"I really enjoyed reviewing the text. I like having input on how the text that I utilize is designed. So far, the students seem to like this text. They really enjoy the real-life examples. The examples give them hope that they can start a business too."
"3 Strongest chapters: Chapter 1. Good stories for getting the student's interest Chapter 5: The Family Business. This is a common business model and was very relevant to some of my students. Chapter 6: The Business Plan: Because of the plan's importance to the success of a business."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Start-Up Stories videos let you and your students see big ideas at work in a variety of innovative small businesses. Some of the videos cover Two Men and a Truck, Kind Snacks, and Hubspot. Use these along with a myriad of new videos to bring the real world into your classroom and let your students learn, first-hand, from business experts. Videos are available in a convenient DVD format as well as online.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.