Request for consultation
This practical, user-friendly textbook provides background knowledge, basic concepts, and understanding of relevant issues related to applied behavior analysis and specifically to single subject research designs. Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Completely updated and revised to reflect most current research.
- InfoTrac® Student Collections are specialized databases expertly drawn from the Gale Academic One library. Each InfoTrac® Student Collection enhances the student learning experience in the specific course area related to the product. These specialized databases allow access to hundreds of scholarly and popular publications - all reliable sources - including journals, encyclopedias, and academic reports. Learn more and access at: http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Vignettes have been added to each chapter to provide readers with illustrative scenarios that emphasize major concepts in the chapters.
- "Check It Out" boxes have been to added throughout the text so that the reader can check their understanding of important concepts through critical thinking or practice questions.
- A website now accompanies the text to provide students and instructors with additional resources.
- Focuses on issues in single-subject research, independent/dependent variables, and the four basic single-subject designs and their variations.
- Reviews current research literature and includes "how to" information for students.
- Offers a holistic approach to analyzing data that emphasizes visual, quantitative, and qualitative aspects.
- Numerous student-friendly features such as the reoccurring vignettes, "Check It Out" and "Summary Checklists" help keep students engaged.
1. Historical Perspectives and Important Concepts in Single Subject Research.
2. Methods for Changing Target Behaviors.
3. Methods for Recording Behaviors.
4. Issues in Single Subject Research.
PART 2: OVERVIEW AND APPLICATION OF SINGLE SUBJECT DESIGNS.
5. Overview of Withdrawal Designs.
6. Application of Withdrawal Designs.
7. Overview of Changing Conditions and Changing Criterion Designs.
8. Application of Changing Conditions and Changing Criterion Designs.
9. Overview of Multiple Baseline Designs.
10. Application of Multiple Baseline Designs.
11. Overview of Alternating Treatments Designs.
12. Application of Alternating Treatments Designs.
PART 3: ANALYZING RESULTS FROM SINGLE SUBJECT STUDIES.
13. Methods for Analyzing Data.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Manual with Test Bank
An online Instructor's Manual accompanies this book. The instructor's manual contains information to assist the instructor in designing the course, including a sample syllabus, learning objectives, teaching and learning activities, and additional print and online resources. For assessment support, the updated test bank includes true/false, multiple-choice, matching, short answer and essay questions for each chapter.
These vibrant, Microsoft PowerPoint lecture slides for each chapter assist you with your lecture, by providing concept coverage using images, figures, and tables directly from the textbook!