Request for consultation
Created through a "student-tested, faculty-approved" review process with students and faculty, PSYCH 3 is an engaging and accessible solution that accommodates the diverse lifestyles of today's learners at a value-based price. PSYCH 3 is an extremely concise, visually appealing text that introduces psychology concepts without any delays or distractions. Designed for today's students in every detail, this unique solution was developed through conversations, focus groups, interviews, surveys, and input from nearly 150 students and faculty members. From its abbreviated, no-nonsense title to its engaging, effective content, PSYCH 3 ushers in a groundbreaking new genre of introductory psychology texts that's perfect for modern learners.
- New two-page self-assessments have been added to the end of each chapter, including fill-in-the-blank and multiple-choice questions.
- New feature boxes have been added, including "iPods on Campus: The Sounds of Oblivion," "Do You Have a Problem with Alcohol?", "Motherese," and "When It Comes to Sex, Red May Mean 'Go'."
- New chapter-opening vignettes appear in Chapter 1 (What Is Psychology?), Chapter 11 (Stress, Health, and Adjustment), Chapter 12 (Psychological Disorders), Chapter 13 (Methods of Therapy), and Chapter 14 (Social Psychology). Topics include the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan (Chapter 11), and how suicide terrorism may be explained by the power of social influence (Chapter 12).
- Chapters have been honed to streamline and clarify the content. In addition, Chapter 3 in the previous edition (The Voyage Through the Life Span) is now Chapter 9. Consequently, Chapters 4 through 9 in the previous edition now appear as Chapters 3 through 8 (Sensation and Perception; Consciousness; Learning; Memory: Remembrance of Things Past--and Future; Thinking, Language, and Intelligence; and Motivation and Emotion).
- Updated references throughout the text reflect the most recent advances in the field.
- Chapter-in-Review Cards at the back of the Student Edition provide students a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
- Instructor Prep Cards at the back of the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint® and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- PSYCH 3 offers all of the content and resources you expect with a supplements package that is second to none, including PowerPoints, an electronic test bank, and an image gallery.
- PSYCH 3 has a refreshed photo program, and references and examples have been updated to be as current as possible.
- PSYCH 3 has a robust online supplement--CourseMate--which features a full suite of learning tools that appeal to different learning styles. There's an interactive eBook as well as interactive teaching and learning tools including quizzes, flashcards, audio downloads, and videos. Instructors can use Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool that monitors student engagement in the course.
- An innovative combination of content delivery--both in print and online--provides a core text and a wealth of comprehensive multimedia teaching and learning assets based on input from student focus groups and surveys, and from interviews with nearly 150 faculty and students.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
2. Biology and Psychology.
3. Sensation and Perception.
6. Memory: Remembrance of Things Past--and Future.
7. Thinking, Language, and Intelligence.
8. Motivation and Emotion.
9. The Voyage Through the Life Span.
10. Personality: Theory and Measurement.
11. Stress, Health, and Adjustment.
12. Psychological Disorders.
13. Methods of Therapy.
14. Social Psychology.
Appendix A: Statistics.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g. all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom’s Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the PSYCH Online product, and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.