Request for consultation
Help your students discover and achieve their personal fitness and wellness goals with Hoeger/Hoeger's PRINCIPLES AND LABS FOR PHYSICAL FITNESS, 9th Edition. Its personalized approach emphasizes behavior change and provides your students with current, practical information and tips to incorporate in their daily lives. PRINCIPLES AND LABS FOR PHYSICAL FITNESS, 9th Edition offers a variety of resources for students to turn active learning into active living, including new "MyProfile" boxes, "Behavior Modification Planning" boxes, exercise videos, online labs, and more. Encourage students to use these resources to achieve and maintain their personal health and wellness goals!
- NEW! Updated statistics and coverage appear throughout, including current information from the new U. S. National Physical Activity Plan, National Health Objectives for 2020, the new MyPlate nutritional guidelines and the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, and more.
- NEW! MyProfile box at the beginning of each chapter engages students by asking five questions about the knowledge they already have about the chapter content.
- NEW! Diversity Considerations boxes provide additional insights about topics relevant to diverse populations.
- NEW! Confident Consumer boxes help students become more informed consumers.
- NEW! Chapter 9, "Comprehensive Fitness Programming," now includes information on the highly popular high-intensity interval training (HIIT) programs. Updates are also provided on Exercise and Type 2 Diabetes and Exercise and Physical Activity for Older Adults based on the recent release of the ACSM pronouncements on these topics. Additionally, information on the 2012 fitness trends is provided in the chapter.
- NEW! Profile Plus helps students track and achieve behavior change in their lives.
- "Critical Thinking" questions are integrated throughout the text to stimulate critical thinking as students learn and work through the contents of each chapter.
- Offering the largest variety of labs, each chapter concludes with activities that can easily be assigned for class exercises or homework. The perforated pages make them easy to turn in for credit or you can assign them online through WebTutor and CengageNOW.
- Behavior modification is an integral theme of the Hoegers' fitness and wellness series. It is introduced early, then related to other topics throughout the text with Behavior Modification Planning boxes that give practical tips on how to effectively transition from current habits to the desired health behaviors.
- Inspiring "Real Life Stories" in each chapter use first person narratives to describe how students have made positive health changes in their own lives, including the challenges they faced and the strategies they used to overcome them.
- "Frequently Asked Questions" sections engage students' interest in key topics at the beginning of each chapter.
2. Behavior Modification.
3. Nutrition for Wellness.
4. Body Composition.
5. Weight Management.
6. Cardiorespiratory Endurance.
7. Muscular Strength and Endurance.
8. Muscular Flexibility.
9. Skill Fitness and Fitness Programming.
10. Stress Assessment and Management Techniques.
11. A Healthy Lifestyle.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access