Request for consultation
Take the stress out of the phlebotomy certification exam with Phlebotomy Technician Specialist: Certification Exam Review. This book and accompanying CD will help you prepare and focus your studies for successful completion of the exam.
- Content outlines center on core concepts
- Over 400 multiple choice practice questions and additional critical thinking questions
- Rationales provided for all multiple choice questions
- CD includes simulated practice exams for the ASCP, AMT, and NCA exams
- CD will grade the topics so that you can assess your strengths as well as areas requiring additional study
Unit Two: Introduction to Phlebotomy
Unit Three: Medical Terminology
Unit Four: Anatomy and Physiology
Unit Five: Infection Control – Safety Procedures
Unit Six: Documentation
Unit Seven: Vital Signs
Unit Eight: Electrocardiography
Unit Nine: Blood Collection Equipment and Supplies
Unit Ten: Collection by Capillary Puncture
Unit Eleven: Collection by Routine Venipuncture
Unit Twelve: Complications of Blood Collection
Unit Thirteen: Specialized Phlebotomy Techniques
Unit Fourteen: Point-of-Care Testing and Other Laboratory Tests
SECTION II: Practice Exam
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Utilize PowerPoint slides, editable competency checklists for procedures, an instructor's manual, answers to end of chapter review questions, an image library, and a computerized test bank to enhance your classroom and propel your students to success as a certified phlebotomist!