Request for consultation
Learn how to use the PL/SQL programming language effectively, using one of the most popular and widely-used software programs in large companies today. Oracle 10g Developer: PL/SQL Programming uses Oracle 10g to provide an overview of the PL/SQL programming language, beginning with fundamental PL/SQL concepts and progressing to the writing and testing of PL/SQL code. The book then progresses to more advanced topics, such as Dynamic SQL and code tuning. Updated to the latest release, Oracle 10g, it uses the developer's perspective to focus on the PL/SQL component of the software. With real-world examples and a straightforward writing style, this is a valuable resource for anyone preparing for the new Oracle Certification exam, or simply looking to master the PL/SQL programming language with Oracle.
- In-chapter challenges and hands-on assignments throughout the book using SQL*Plus offers readers the opportunity to apply the material covered.
- Step-by step tutorials break down difficult concepts into smaller, more comprehensible, pieces
- Case projects in every chapter and a running business case provide a context for the topics covered, preparing readers for real-life scenarios
- Appendices introduce common tools used to develop PL/SQL programs—the new Oracle SQL Developer and the ever popular TOAD (Tool for Oracle Application Developers).
2. Basic PL/SQL Block Structures
3. Handling Data in PL/SQL Blocks
4. Cursors and Exception Handling
7. PL/SQL Packages
8. Program Unit Dependencies
9. Database Triggers
10. Oracle-Supplied Packages and SQL*Loader
11. Introduction to Dynamic SQL and Object Technology
A. Tables for the Brewbean's Database
B. Oracle SQL Developer
C. TOAD (Tool for Oracle Application Developers)
D. Statement Tuning
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Find all of the teaching and preparation resources you need at your fingertips with this convenient all-in-one-source. The Instructor's Resource CD (IRCD) contains easy-to-access Figure Files, PowerPoint® presentations, complete syllabus, invaluable Instructor's Manual, time-saving Solutions Manual, ExamView™ testbanks and software, and Data Files.