Request for consultation
Created by the continuous feedback of a "student-tested, faculty-approved" process, NUTR delivers a visually appealing, succinct print component, tear-out review cards for students and instructors and a consistent online offering with CourseMate that includes an eBook in addition to a set of interactive digital tools all at a value-based price and proven to increase retention and outcomes. Through the consistent use of real-world applications in every chapter, students understand the true impact of nutrition on a personal and global scale. Supported by the valuable and trackable learning, study, and exam preparation tools in CourseMate, NUTR brings course concepts to life.
- NUTR combines a visually engaging approach with real-world applications that will capture students' attention and help them understand core concepts.
- Learning Outcomes organize each chapter providing students focus and a strong foundation in the essential concepts of nutrition.
- Running glossary on each page supports students with immediate help with the language of nutrition research.
- Real life applications consistently appear throughout NUTR framing the study of nutrition and connecting core concepts to student's lives.
- Chapter In Review Cards give students a portable way to review for exams. These perforated cards provide concise summaries of chapter concepts, along with key figures and study questions.
- Additional detachable In Review Cards contain important dietary references and calculations.
- Coverage of 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, Healthy People 2020, and other important updates give students the most current information on topics and trends in Nutrition.
- Diet Analysis Plus, the market leading diet analysis software, is bundled with NUTR to give students practice tracking and analyzing their own diet. Students receive quick start instructions on a detachable In Review Card that guides them to make the most of the software.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Instructor Prep Cards at the back of the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- A full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles is available to students with the purchase of a new book. Quizzes, tutorials, Pop-up Tutors, flashcards and more are only a click away through CourseMate. In addition, you can track your students' participation and use of study tools through the unique Engagement Tracker in CourseMate.
- All of the content and resources you expect with a supplements package that is second to none including PowerPoint, test bank, and WebTutor course cartridges for Blackboard and WebCT.
- An innovative combination of content delivery both in print and online provides a core text and a wealth of comprehensive multimedia teaching and learning assets based on input from student focus groups and surveys, and from interviews with Nutrition faculty and students.
2. Choosing Foods Wisely.
3. Body Basics.
7. The Vitamins.
8. Water and the Minerals.
9. Energy Balance and Body Weight Regulation.
10. Life Cycle Nutrition.
11. Sports Nutrition.
12. Disordered Eating.
13. Alcohol, Health, and Disease.
14. Food Safety.
15. Food Insecurity.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource Center
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g. all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom’s Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the Online product, and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.