Request for consultation
NEW PERSPECTIVES ON CREATING WEB PAGES WITH HTML, XHTML, AND XML teaches students how to create simple to complex Web sites from scratch using HTML, XHTML, and XML. Students are asked to think critically in order to solve problems and complete Case Studies, which reinforces key concepts critical to creating Web pages.
- Enhances student learning with a new Student Online Companion at www.cengage.com/coursetechnology/carey featuring additional resources for exploration.
- Increases retention with new case scenarios and end-of-tutorial exercises.
- Features reorganized and updated content based on instructor and author feedback.
- Explores how to create XML documents using custom and standard vocabularies and how to create compound documents that involve several namespaces.
- Prepares students to code Web pages from scratch using a simple text editor with comprehensive, easy-to-follow instructions.
- Reinforces concepts with extensive end-of-chapter material such as Session Quick Checks, and multiple Case Problems.
- Fosters students' confidence with key skills that have clear lesson progression: basic concepts in the beginning and expanded concepts in subsequent tutorials.
2. Developing a Web Site.
3. Working with Cascading Style Sheets.
4. Creating Special Effects with CSS.
5. Working with Web Table.
6. Working with Web Forms.
7. Working with Multimedia.
8. Designing a Web Site with Frames.
9. Working with XHTML.
11. Creating an XML Document.
12. Creating Compound Documents with Namespaces.
13. Validating Documents with DTDs.
14. Validating Documents with XML Schema.
Appendix A: Color Names and Color Values.
Appendix B: HTML Character Entities.
Appendix C: Placing a Document on the World Wide Web.
Appendix D: Making the Web More Accessible.
Appendix E: HTML and XHTML Elements and Attributes.
Appendix F: Cascading Style Sheets.
Appendix I: Working with Cookies.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Now all instructor materials are available on one convenient and easy-to-use CD. Designed to help facilitate classroom instruction, this CD has instructor files unique to the textbook. A variety of ancillaries are included such as data and solution files, syllabi, and PowerPoint presentations. All of these tools can help motivate students and enhance their knowledge and course appreciation.