Request for consultation
Created through a "student-tested, faculty-approved" review process, MR is an engaging and accessible solution to accommodate the diverse learning styles of today's students at a value-based price. MR provides an exciting, innovative approach to Marketing Research that provides the material needed for a successful course.
- Thorough coverage of basic research process (structure is based on well-known book in 7th edition) with a casual writing style and appealing visuals.
- Book has been vetted by industry advisory panel.
- An innovative combination of content delivery both in print and online provides a core text and a wealth of comprehensive multimedia teaching and learning assets based on input from student focus groups and surveys, and from interviews with faculty and students.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Chapter In Review Cards in the back of the Student Edition provides students with a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
- Instructor Prep Cards in the back of the Instructor's Edition makes preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- A full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles is available to students with the purchase of a new book. Quizzes, audio downloads, video podcasts, and more are only a click away. *(please make sure the resources you list pertain to your title and are available.)*
The problem: Marketers need information. Who does marketing research? Why study marketing research? The research process.
2. The Research Question: Formulation of the Problem/Opportunity.
Problems versus opportunities. The problem formulation process. Preparing an effective research request agreement. The research proposal. Research to avoid. Choosing a research supplier.
3. Exploratory, Descriptive and Causal Research Designs.
Types of research design. Exploratory research designs. Descriptive research designs. Causal research designs. Market testing.
4. Collecting Secondary Data from Inside and Outside the Firm.
Secondary data versus primary data. Advantages and disadvantages of secondary data. Internal secondary data. Components of a decision support system. External secondary data. Standardized marketing information services.
5. Collecting Primary Data by Communication.
Types of primary data. Collecting data by communication versus observation. Structured versus unstructured communication. Issues in the use of disguise. Methods of administering questionnaires.
6. Collecting Primary Data by Observation
Observation research. Structured versus unstructured observation. Using disguise with observation research. Choosing a natural or contrived setting for observation. Human versus mechanical observation.
7. Asking Good Questions.
Scales of measurement. Measuring attitudes and other unobservable variables. Self-report attitude scales. Other issues in designing scales. Establishing the validity and reliability of measures.
8. Designing the Questionnaire or Observation Form.
Steps in questionnaire design. Designing observation forms.
9. Planning the Sample and Sample Size.
Developing the sampling plan. Nonprobability samples. Probability samples. How big a sample do you need?
10. Data Collection: Enhancing Response Rates while Limiting Errors and Biases
Importance of nonsampling errors. Types of nonsampling errors. Calculating response rates. Improving response rates.
11. Data Preparation for Analysis.
Editing. Coding. Cleaning the data. Handling missing data.
12. Analysis & Interpretation: Individual Variables Independently.
Basic univariate statistics: Categorical measures. Basic univariate statistics: Continuous measures. Hypothesis testing. Testing hypotheses about individual variables.
13. Analysis & Interpretation: Multiple Variables Simultaneously.
Analyses with categorical measures. Analyses with categorical and continuous measures. Analyses with continuous measures.
14. The Research Answer: Project Findings and Strategic Recommendations.
The written research report: Writing standards. The written research report. The oral presentation. Using graphics to communicate results.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Find all of the instructor tools you need with this easy-to-use CD. You can electronically review, edit, and copy what you need from the Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint® slides, Test Bank, and ExamView® testing program.
CourseMate Instant Access
Coursemate for MR2 brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support MR2. Coursemate for MR2 includes an integrated eBook, teaching and learning tools, and Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool that monitors student engagement in the course. Instructors will also find: First Day of Class Instructions, custom options through the 4LTR+ Program, Instructor's Manual, Test Bank, PowerPoint Slides, Instructor Prep Cards, data sets, MR video cases, Qualtrics/Excel video tutorials, and Engagement Tracker.
Qualtrics Instant Access Code
CourseMate Instant Access
Coursemate for MR2 brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support MR2. Coursemate for MR2 includes an integrated eBook, teaching and learning tools, and Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool that monitors student engagement in the course. Students will also have access to an Interactive eBook, Auto-Graded Quizzes, Flashcards, Games including crossword puzzles and beat the clock, PowerPoint Slides, Qualtrics/Excel video tutorials, MR video cases, data sets, and eLectures.
Qualtrics Instant Access Code