Request for consultation
Written by experienced technicians, MODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: HEAVY EQUIPMENT SYSTEMS, 2nd Edition combines manufacturer-based and universal information into a single, reliable resource. The book’s unique focus on off-highway mobile equipment systems delivers service and repair essentials for heavy equipment, agricultural equipment, and powered lift truck technology. Detailing everything from safety to best practices, chapter coverage addresses four key areas: hydraulics, heavy duty brakes, and drivetrains, as well as steering, suspension, and track systems. The 2nd Edition of MODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: HEAVY EQUIPMENT SYSTEMS also includes the latest updates in computer-controlled hydraulics, GPS, electronic controls for other systems to help specialty technicians master their ever-evolving trade.
- Modern Conveniences: Revised throughout, the 2nd Edition of MODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: HEAVY EQUIPMENT SYSTEMS also features an expanded Instructor Resource package, including a time-saving test bank in ExamView and image-intensive PowerPoint® slides.
- More Electronic Controls: Responding to reviewer feedback, four full chapters dig even deeper into electronic controls, especially as they apply to today’s mobile hydraulics systems.
- Extra Safety: MODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: HEAVY EQUIPMENT SYSTEMS, 2nd Edition protects specialty technicians with expanded content on safety, including ROPs and FOPs, and high voltage safety precautions.
- New AC Drivetrain Coverage: An added chapter on heavy-duty AC drivetrains covers trolley drive capable systems, and includes special emphasis on safety when working with high voltages.
- Uplifting Topics: Readers get the latest techniques in hoisting and rigging with this brand new chapter on best practices when working with and around heavy equipment.
- Enlightening Visuals: Detailed illustrations and photographs throughout the book clarify important concepts for readers.
- Reader-Friendly Style: Straightforward, concise writing from authors with firsthand industry expertise makes the information easy to grasp and highly relatable.
- Practical Approach: Focusing on performance-based learning outcomes—turning abstract theories into real-world, hands-on tasks—adds depth and context to the readings.
- Comprehensive Resource: This go-to guide for specialty technicians complements any manufacturer’s manual, and addresses the full range of mobile heavy equipment manufactured and marketed in North America.
2. Hoisting And Rigging.
3. Introduction to Hydraulics.
4. Hydraulic System Components.
5. Hydraulic Symbols and Schematics.
6. Hydraulic System Maintenance and Diagnostics.
7. Hydraulic Brakes.
8. Spring-Applied, Hydraulic-Released Brakes.
9. Air and Air Over Hydraulic Brake Systems.
10. Introduction to Powertrains.
11. Powershift Transmissions.
12. Hydrostatic Drive Systems and Retarders.
13. Driveline Systems.
14. Heavy Duty Drive Axles.
15. Final Drives.
16. Steering Systems.
17. Tires, Tracks, and Rim Systems.
18. Suspension Systems.
19. Machine and Equipment Electronics.
20. AC Electric Drive Systems.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access