Request for consultation
MKTG 9 maximizes student effort and engagement by empowering them to direct their own learning, through a single, affordable course solution. MKTG 9 offers full coverage of course concepts through unique resources and features that reflect the natural study habits of students. Additionally, instructors benefit from up-to-date, real-world examples of marketing efforts by popular companies, coupled with straightforward quizzing, assessment, and reporting options. MKTG 9 offers: PRINTED TEXT: The easy-reference, paperback textbook presents course content through a visually-engaging and familiar resource, and includes Chapter Review Cards that consolidate the best review material for a ready-made, portable study tool. MKTG 9 ONLINE: Students study how and when they want, as MKTG 9 Online allows easy exploration of the content, anywhere−including a smartphone! On the innovative StudyBoard, students can collect notes and StudyBits throughout the product, and then leverage a series of tags and filters to organize and personalize their study time. ASSIGNMENTS: With an integrated Test Bank, instructors can easily deploy quick reading quizzes with minimal effort, as well as higher-stakes tests, all side-by-side with the students' other course resources. PROGRESS: Both instructors and students can monitor progress through a series of Concept Tracking reports and traditional Gradebook features.
- NEW 4LTR PRESS ONLINE: Created through a deep investigation of students' challenges and study preferences both broadly and in Marketing, MKTG Online enables students to study how and when they want−including on a smart phone! The unique StudyBit and StudyBoard functionality reflects students' natural study habits. It allows them to easily interact and personalize the course material as they collect, organize, and search related material and quiz themselves. The low start-up continues on to instructor experience with straight-forward assessment management, delivered side-by-side with information about what the students do on their own. Both instructors and students can monitor progress through a series of Concept Tracking reports and traditional Gradebook features, ensuring improved engagement, retention, and outcomes.
- MKTG 9 features numerous examples of relevant companies that students and instructors will recognize. Chapter 1 includes updates on Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" and J.D. Power and Associates customer satisfaction survey. In addition, an updated list of companies who successfully balance efficiency and service are incorporated into the chapter as well. Also, a new concept, "on-demand marketing"−is introduced in this edition as well.
- Chapter 3 contains information pertaining to American based sponsors of the 2014 Winter Olympics and how their support of gay rights was frowned upon by Russian officials running the winter games. As part of the section on "Six Modes of Social Control," this text can be found within mode number six, "An Active Civil Society." In addition, Chapter 3 has new data/statistics from the 2013 National Business Ethics Survey, a new Exhibit 1, "Selected Winners of the World's Most Ethical Companies," and updated information on green marketing efforts from companies such as TOMS Shoes and Ben and Jerry's.
- Significant updates to Chapter 4 includes economical data from online marketing efforts and updated info on the use of millenials and social media; specifically Facebook. In section 4-4, students and instructors are provided updated data on Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans and the approach that companies take when marketing to various ethnic groups. In Chapter 5, there is updated information on "The Impact of Exports" feature box, data on U.S. exports and updated content/information on the most recent G-20 meeting.
- Chapter 14 was updated with the addition of key terms, content and examples−including new sections and learning outcomes on Multichannel and Omnichannel Marketing and Developments in Channel Marketing. The is updated information on m-commerce, mobile device and social media usage.
- Chapter 15 is a new chapter on "Retailing." There are eight learning outcomes and in-depth covereage on types of retailers, product assortments, in-store retailers and non-store retailing. New sections and new learning outcomes include; Retail Operations Models (15-4) , Executing a Retail Marketing Strategy (15-5), Addressing Retail Product/Service Failures (15-7) and Retailing Trends and Advancements (15-8).
- Instructor Prep Cards at the back of the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- MKTG 9 comes with a new online option that allows students to study how and when they want. MKTG 9 Online allows easy exploration of the content anywhere−including on their smartphones! With the innovative StudyBoard, students can collect notes and create StudyBits throughout the product, which they can then leverage, with a series of tags and filters, to organize and personalize their study time.
- MKTG 9 includes all of the content and resources you expect with a supplements package, including: chapter videos, e-lectures, PowerPoint slides, quizzing, games, animated figures and interactive content.
- MKTG 9 comes complete with an engaging print textbook, tear-out review cards, a new online learning solution and an eBook, all of which were directly influenced from student focus groups and surveys, and from interviews with instructors and students.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Tear-Out Review Cards at the back of the Student Edition provide students a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
2. Strategic Planning for Competitive Advantage.
3. Ethics and Social Responsibility.
4. The Marketing Environment.
5. Developing a Global Vision.
6. Consumer Decision Making.
7. Business Marketing.
8. Segmenting and Targeting Markets.
9. Marketing Research.
10. Product Concepts.
11. Developing and Managing Products.
12. Services and Nonprofit Organization Marketing.
13. Supply Chain Management.
14. Marketing Channels.
16. Marketing Communications.
17. Advertising, Public Relations, and Sales Promotion.
18. Personal Selling and Sales Management.
19. Social Media and Marketing.
20. Pricing Concepts.
21. Setting the Right Price.
“I used all aspects of the 4LTR Press solutions. I found them very helpful study tools.”
"The online help was great. The games made it so it wasn't boring and I retained more of the information."
"I like the online quizzes. They are very helpful. So are the chapter review cards. I use them before each exam."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor's manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g. all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom's Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the MKTG Online product, and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.