Request for consultation
Created by the continuous feedback of a "student-tested, faculty-approved" process, MKTG 8 delivers a visually appealing, succinct print component, tear-out review cards for students and instructors and a consistent online offering with Enhanced CourseMate that includes an eBook in addition to a set of interactive digital tools such as animated figures, video cases, games, career tools, timely blog on marketing concepts, and more - all at a value-based price and proven to increase retention and outcomes.
- NEW EXAMPLES: MKTG8 contains a number of new examples--pulling from both large companies that students will be familiar with and from small local businesses--to show students how marketing affects consumers on a local, national, and global level. New boxes found throughout MKTG8 examine Teva's Unfollow integrated marketing campaign, the top ten new franchises of 2013, the Dine Out Vancouver food festival, cutting edge packaging technology, America's top spenders on Spanish-language media, Home Depot's embrace of dynamic pricing, and much more.
- NEW COMPANIES: New companies are integrated into the running text, featuring strategic decisions by notable businesses such as H&R Block, John Deere, Reddit, Ford, Major League Baseball, Zillow, and Samsung.
- NEW CONTENT: MKTG8 has new information throughout the text. Some examples of new information include: two new sections and learning outcomes (3); new data on behavioral profiling and mobile tracking (6); new text and examples on social media monitoring, big data, virtual shopping, and mobile research (9); a new section on crowdsourcing (11); new information on mending supplier relationships, supply management, and inventory management, and six new key terms (13); a new section on selling in the technology age (17); and new text on shopping bots and the psychology of shopping (19).
- NEW EXHIBIT NUMBERING SYSTEM: MKTG8 implements an updated exhibit numbering system that allows professors to easily reference figures and tables without using page numbers--making it easier for students to access MKTG8 on the digital devices of their choice.
- KnowNOW! Blog, available within CourseMate, is a timely blog on marketing concepts bringing news that is making a difference into your course with discipline-specific online pages and applications.
- Tear-Out Review Cards at the back of the Student Editions provide students a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
- Instructor Prep Cards at the back of the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- MKTG 8 implements an updated numbering system that allows professors to easily assign student readings without using page numbers--making it easier for students to access their textbook on the device of their choice.
- Every 4LTPress solution comes with CourseMate, the interactive digital component that offers a full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles. An eBook, along with interactive digital tools such as animated figures, video cases, games, career tools, timely blog on marketing concepts, and more are only a click away.
- Enhanced CourseMate! This turnkey resource now offers a practice quiz generator to help students prepare for tests. Also, a variety of NEW trackable activities provides students the opportunity to expand their knowledge with higher-level activities, while providing you easy access to data and reports on their progress and where they need more help.
- Every 4LTPress solution comes complete with an engaging print textbook, tear-out review cards, an interactive digital solution (CourseMate), and an eBook all of which were directly influenced from student focus groups, surveys, and interviews.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Focus on customer relationship management throughout the text. Social Media and Marketing is now prominently featured in Part Five: Promotion.
- Video Cases with Questions provide assessments to students as they are viewing end of chapter videos cases.
- Career Transitions, available within CourseMate, provides an "online career center" environment, to assist students with job seeking tools and resources.
1. An Overview of Marketing.
2. Strategic Planning for Competitive Advantage.
3. Ethics and Social Responsibility.
4. The Marketing Environment.
5. Developing a Global Vision.
Part II: ANALYZING MARKET OPPORTUNITIES.
6. Consumer Decision Making.
7. Business Marketing.
8. Segmenting and Targeting Markets.
9. Marketing Research.
Part III: PRODUCT DECISIONS.
10. Product Concepts.
11. Developing and Managing Products.
12. Services and Nonprofit Organization Marketing.
Part IV: DISTRIBUTION DECISIONS.
13. Supply Chain Management.
14. Marketing Channels and Retailing.
Part V: PROMOTION AND COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES.
15. Marketing Communications.
16. Advertising, Public Relations, and Sales Promotion.
17. Personal Selling and Sales Management.
18. Social Media and Marketing.
Part VI: PRICING DECISIONS.
19. Pricing Concepts.
20. Setting the Right Price.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor's manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g. all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom's Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the MKTG Online product, and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.