Request for consultation
DIVERSITY IN ORGANIZATIONS is the first comprehensive, research-based text designed to meet the needs of the diversity course. It provides a solid perspective on the various aspects of organizational diversity, including why diversity is important for organizations, recruiting, retaining, and effectively and fairly utilizing a diverse workforce, and legislation related to diversity. The book conducts in-depth explorations of key racial/ethnic groups, sex and gender, religion, work and family, weight and appearance, physical and mental ability, and sexual orientation. It includes prescriptions on how to become a diversity-friendly employer, include workers often devalued, and how both dominant and non-dominant group members can work to effect change.
- The Second Edition of Diversity in Organizations contains a general update to content of all chapters, including population, participation, and employment, legislation, litigation, relevant research, and features. Each chapter includes new examples of actual litigation under diversity-related laws and new relevant empirical research. At least one new individual, organizational, or research translation feature is included in each chapter. More emphasis on current issues is included, including interviews of diversity executives in two chapters. More specific recommendations for organizations to be diverse and inclusive are included.
- Included new empirical research throughout.
- Updated population, employment, and income figures in each chapter.
- Replaced nearly all existing cases with current cases from EEOC press releases.
- Key Facts updated in each chapter.
- Added newly passed diversity-related legislation and current court decisions.
- Increased focus on international diversity.
- Implications for organizations interspersed throughout each chapter.
- "Sidebars": These brief and current examples are interspersed through the text enhancing student understanding of pertinent topics.
- Mini-Cases: The text includes several mini-cases which help students to apply chapter concepts.
- "Misperception" and "Reality" Checkpoints: Throughout each chapter, correcting common misunderstandings as they serve to reinforce chapter content.
- "Questions to Consider," and "Actions": The end of each chapter includes application questions and brief but effective experiential exercises that can be assigned to students outside of class or in groups.
- International Features: These features include an international view of the content of many chapters, such as legislation, individuals or groups and their experiences, and country comparisons.
- Chapter Opening Key Facts: Relevant facts and figures open each chapter helping students approach the material more objectively, with less bias.
1. Introduction to the Study of Diversity in Organizations.
Section II: EXAMINING SPECIFIC GROUPS AND CATEGORIES.
4. Blacks/African Americans.
6. Asian Americans.
7. Whites/European Americans.
8. American Indians and Multi-Racial Group Members.
9. Sex and Gender.
10. Work and Family.
11. Sexual Orientation.
14. Physical and Mental Ability.
15. Weight and Appearance.
Section III: GLOBAL VISION.
16: International Diversity and Facing the Future.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
MindTap® Management, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Bell's Diversity in Organizations
MindTap® Management for Bell's Diversity in Organizations, 3rd Edition is the digital learning solution that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course—to provide engaging content, to challenge every individual, and to build their confidence. Empower students to accelerate their progress with MindTap. MindTap: Powered by You. MindTap gives you complete ownership of your content and learning experience. Customize the interactive syllabi, emphasize the most important topics, and add your own material or notes in the eBook. MindTap® is also available as a bundle option with the loose-leaf version of Bell's Diversity in Organizations.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®
Cengage Learning Testing powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
MindTap Management for Diversity in Organizations
MindTap® Management for Bell’s Diversity in Organizations, 3rd Edition helps you learn on your terms. INSTANT ACCESS IN YOUR POCKET. Take advantage of the MindTap Mobile App to learn on your terms. Read or listen to textbooks and study with the aid of instructor notifications, flashcards, and practice quizzes. MINDTAP HELPS YOU CREATE YOUR OWN POTENTIAL. GEAR UP FOR ULTIMATE SUCCESS. Track your scores and stay motivated toward your goals. Whether you have more work to do or are ahead of the curve, you’ll know where to focus your efforts. And the MindTap Green Dot will charge your confidence along the way. MINDTAP HELPS YOU OWN YOUR PROGRESS. MAKE YOUR TEXTBOOK YOURS. No one knows what works for you better than you. Highlight key text, add notes, and create custom flashcards. When it’s time to study, everything you’ve flagged or noted can be gathered into a guide you organize.