Request for consultation
EMERGE WITH COMPUTERS is a new and revolutionary way to teach and learn about digital literacy. It bridges the gap between conventional education and the way students want to learn by creating an environment that encourages students to do what comes naturally: surf the Web. Leveraging the latest technologies such as RSS feeds, YouTube videos, and Web links, EMERGE promotes discovery learning which allows students to explore, peruse, skip over, delve, wander, and drill into Computer Concepts, Issues, and Skills.
- NEW: Emphasis on Critical Thinking: "Spotlight on the News" feature highlights current events and links them to concepts taught; "What Would YOU Do?" presents dilemmas that require students to think critically and integrate concepts learned; and "An Ethical Dilemma" presents scenarios that require students to consider all sides of a timely issue.
- NEW: Office for Mac 2011: Upgraded from the Office for Mac 2008 in the previous version, parallel lessons to those for Office 2010 for PC's are offered for Macs using Office 2011.
- NEW: Concepts Revision: Updates to all concepts pages, including YouTube videos and photos.
- RELEVANCE: Let's face it; students don't read long, dense text. Emerge with Computers divides lessons into a series of manageable sections, helping students retain more information. Plus, current and relevant content pulls into Emerge each week, helping students relate to the material.
- SKILLS: In a competitive job market, students need to set themselves apart by graduating with a unique skill set. Emerge covers more than Microsoft® Office, including lessons on Google™ Docs, Office for Mac, and basic Project Management skills. Content beyond Microsoft® Office, coupled with the unique skills pedagogy and project-approach puts Emerge in a league of its own.
- DIGITAL: Emerge helps bridge the gap between conventional education and the way students want to learn. The completely digital learning environment encourages students to do what comes naturally – get online.
- CHOICE: Compatible with most Learning Management Systems including Blackboard, Moodle, Angel and Desire2Learn, along with a number of versions, Emerge provides the opportunity to meet the needs of online or on-ground classes, your teaching preferences, and most importantly – your students.
Intellectual Property Rights.
Freedom of Speech.
Mac OS X.
Other Office 2010 Applications.
Other Office 2011.