Request for consultation
Snell/Morris/Bohlander's market-leading MANAGING HUMAN RESOURCES, 17TH EDITION builds upon a foundation of research and theory with an inviting, practical framework that focuses on today's most critical HR issues and current practices. The text's engaging writing style and strong visual design use more than 500 memorable examples from a variety of real organizations to illustrate key points and connect concepts to current HR practice. Fresh examples throughout this edition, coupled with a robust media package, spotlight the latest developments and critical trends, while hands-on applications focus on practical tips and suggestions for success. The book's integrated learning system and comprehensive package provide you more resources for effectively teaching your class. Look to the leader, MANAGING HUMAN RESOURCES, 17TH EDITION, to enable your students to think and act like managers by developing the competencies that will help tomorrow's organizations create a sustainable competitive advantage through people.
- MindTap Learning Path – The digital learning package has been completely revised and updated to incorporate a suite of brand new digital resources designed to facilitate and measure student success. Assignments were built using Bloom's taxonomy and are structured around the framework of ENGAGE/CONNECT/PERFORM/LEAD. Through the learning path, students will interact with the course content in a variety of ways. Aplia assignments and pre- and post-tests assess their understanding of course material. They will experience HR in action with brand new video assessments, apply their understanding through interactive case assignments, and extend their skills through Write Experience activities.
- MindTap Reader – Students will be more engaged than ever now with the powerful MindTap Reader. As they progress through the chapter, students will be provided with interactive learning activities designed to check their understanding of key concepts, in addition to internet links and animations/videos designed to expand their understanding of the HR discipline.
- Whiteboard Animations – Each part of the MindTap Reader text includes a short instructional whiteboard animation expanding on a potentially difficult concept, providing students with a unique method of learning and retaining core concepts.
- Video Suite – Each chapter of the MindTap Reader includes a brand new video highlighting an HR-related facet of a major company, covering a diverse range of topics from employee selection to diversity, including such companies as Stew Leonard's, Ocean House, Black Diamond, and Intermountain Healthcare. Within the MindTap learning path, the videos are enhanced with interactive assessments.
- New Case studies (covering such companies as Domino’s, Google, and Snyder Lance); new sections on recruiting and hiring veterans, international HR environment, public unions and collective bargaining; and expanded coverage on social media and the internet.
- No other book gives your students a more accurate look at the specific details and challenges in today's work environment. Students see how HR specialists work in partnership with line managers and team directors, and how the most effective managers incorporate HR policy into regular interactions with employees.
- Comprehensive cases at the end of the text portray some of the most current issues and challenges in HRM. In addition, chapter case studies delve into current HRM issues in real business settings to encourage students to critically analyze possible solutions.
- The latest edition of this market-leading text offers more coverage of critical HR issues, such as diversity, outsourcing/illegal immigration, today's labor issues, and employee benefits.
- Your students gain in-depth looks at how actual organizations handle human resource issues and functions.
- Discover a wealth of support beyond the Instructor's Manual. The Teaching Assistance Manual is especially designed for new instructors, graduate assistants, and teachers wanting to generate more class discussion. You'll find valuable chapter overviews and outlines, material for class discussion and ongoing student interest, topics warranting special attention, and exercises and discussion topics for student involvement. Appendices focus on presenting materials, initiating and sustaining class discussion, quizzing, testing, and dealing with problems unique to new instructors.
- Ensure your students are familiar with the most current HR practices and how to apply them with timely examples and special features, including "how-to" tips. Learning features and examples throughout focus on real, memorable examples from actual organizations to display how businesses and managers perform HR functions. This focus on real-world illustrations addresses both small businesses and international topics.
Part I: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IN PERSPECTIVE.
1. The Challenge of Human Resources Management.
2. Strategy and Human Resources Planning.
Part II: MEETING HUMAN RESOURCES REQUIREMENTS.
3. Equal Employment Opportunity and Human Resources Management.
4. Job Analysis and Job Design.
Part III: DEVELOPING EFFECTIVENESS IN HUMAN RESOURCES.
5. Expanding the Talent Pool: Recruitment and Careers.
6. Employee Selection.
7. Training and Development.
8. Performance Management and the Employee Appraisal Process.
Part IV: IMPLEMENTING COMPENSATION AND SECURITY.
9. Managing Compensation.
10. Pay-for-Performance: Incentive Rewards.
11. Employee Benefits.
12. Promoting Safety and Health.
Part V: ENHANCING EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT RELATIONS.
13. Employee Rights and Discipline.
14. The Dynamics of Labor Relations.
Part VI: EXPANDING HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT HORIZONS.
15. International Human Resources Management.
16. Creating High-Performance Work Systems.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
The instructor companion website provides ongoing support for your course. Receive instant access to the Instructor's Resource Guide, Test Bank, and PowerPoint lecture slides, as well as other valuable teaching aids like the Teaching Assistance Manual.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.