Request for consultation
MANAGEMENT OF ELECTRONIC AND DIGITAL MEDIA, 5th Edition, provides the most accurate and current information on the management techniques and strategies used in the electronic and digital media industry. The text has helped professors teach this course by using clear, current illustrations and examples, as well as a contemporary approach. Succinctly written, the text covers the most important aspects for future managers in the broadcast, cable, radio, and new media (Web and mobile) industries.
- The word "Digital" has been added to the title to reflect the many platforms now available to managers to reach audiences and advertisers, ranging from traditional radio and TV stations, to smart phone applications and other mobile devices.
- A chapter is devoted to social media, one of the hottest trends impacting the media industries and society in the 21st century.
- Many new and revised case studies are presented throughout the text to reflect the changing managerial environment for electronic and digital media.
- This edition has been thoroughly updated to include all the latest information, management approaches, broadcast industry techniques, and trends in social media.
- All chapters have been updated and revised, and they include many new and revised cases. Material has been added regarding digital platforms and new regulatory changes.
- Case studies at the end of each chapter present opportunities for critical thinking through real-world management scenarios, often requiring students to consider what decisions they would make as media managers.
- The book's thorough and current coverage of all technical and industry standards is presented in a succinct and accessible manner.
- Numerous examples and illustrations, pulled directly from industry use, help to prepare students for their careers in electronic media management.
- Albarran's contemporary approach to management keeps pace with new and converging technologies in the dynamic, exciting broadcast industry.
List of Abbreviations and Acronyms.
1. Managing in the Electronic and Digital Media.
2. The Media Marketplace: Markets, Mergers, Alliances, and Partnerships.
3. Ethics of Management.
4. Theories of Management.
5. Financial Management.
6. Managing Personnel.
7. Audiences and Audience Research.
8. Content: Strategy and Distribution.
10. News and News Management.
11. Regulatory Influences on Media Management.
12. Technology Influences on Media Management.
13. Social Media Influences on Media Management.
Glossary of Key Terms.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Manual
Instructor's Companion Web Site