Request for consultation
Introduce today's students to management and highlight the power of innovation in the workplace with Griffin's MANAGEMENT, 11E. This dynamic book, known for its cutting edge research and memorable examples, takes a functional approach to the process of management with a focus on active planning, leading, organizing and controlling. This book's exceptionally reader-friendly approach examines today's emerging management topics, from the impact of technology and importance of a green business environment to ethical challenges and the need to adapt in changing times. This latest edition builds on proven success to help your students strengthen their management skills with an effective balance of theory and practice. Numerous new and popular cases and learning features highlight the challenges facing today's managers. Hundreds of well-researched contemporary examples, from the large Wegmans to the innovative Snopes.com, vividly demonstrate the importance of strong management to any type of organization. Leading Aplia™ online student engagement tools and CengageNOW for MANAGEMENT course solutions provide integrated multimedia resources to draw students into your course and further ensure interaction and comprehension. CourseMate online resources and a complete eBook offer additional concept support to help you prepare your students for management and business career success.
- CENGAGENOW FOR MANAGEMENT GIVES YOU MORE CONTROL IN LESS TIME AND DELIVERS BETTER STUDENT OUTCOMES. This online course management system includes book-specific resources and numerous multimedia tools for students. Flexible assignments, automatic grading and an exportable grade book with reports save you time. The Personalized Study Plan diagnostic tool empowers students to master concepts, prepare for exams, and become more involved in class. An integrated eBook provides flexibility in price. CengageNOW can be integrated with a variety of Learning Management Systems, such as Blackboard.
- APLIA'S™ PREMIUM STUDENT ENGAGEMENT TOOL ENCOURAGES STUDENTS TO "THINK LIKE MANAGERS." This leading online homework system for management is fully integrated with the text. Problem sets provide calculated combinations of both lower order and higher order thinking skills exercises. Engaging video cases and interactive charts and graphs seamlessly integrate with self-assessments and vivid examples. You can easily hold students accountable for their own engagement. A flexible grading system offers grade analytics and grade book export tools to work with any learning management system.
- NEW "MANAGEMENT IN ACTION" OPENING CASES SET THE STAGE FOR CHAPTER CONCEPTS THAT FOLLOW. Dynamic cases highlight large companies, such as Wegmans, as well as small companies, such as Bigfoot Entertainment. Cases also explore student-friendly, intriguing companies, such as Snopes.com. Corresponding end-of-chapter "You Make the Call" exercises ask students to reconsider the opening case and make a judgment based on the concepts they've learned.
- NEW "MANAGEMENT AT WORK" CLOSING CASES EFFECTIVELY CONCLUDE EACH CHAPTER. These captivating cases challenge students to apply chapter concepts to actual management situations. These new cases cover a range of topics from airline alliances and managing air traffic controllers to the Carbon Mitigation Initiative and more.
- NEW "A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE" BOXES HIGHLIGHT CHANGES COMPANIES ARE MAKING IN THE FACE OF CHANGING TIMES. Students gain first-hand insights into how effective companies are adapting to today's challenges. Feature boxes examine development assistance, stress among outsources, and advantages or disadvantages to diversifying the board of directors.
- NEW "ETHICALLY SPEAKING" BOXES EXAMINE PRESSING ETHICAL ISSUES IN TODAY'S WORKPLACE. These helpful features highlight ethics challenges facing management in the current work environment and address issues such as workplace bullying and drug use.
- NEW "GREENING THE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT" BOXES ADDRESS SUSTAINABILITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES IN BUSINESS. With the importance of green issues in business today, these new feature boxes address topics of growing importance. Students study issues, such as changing the climate of global aid and the U.S. Government's stance on C02 regulation.
- "THE MORE THINGS CHANGE" BOXES PROVIDE INSIGHTS INTO DEALING WITH CHANGE IN THE WORKPLACE. Students gain a better understanding of how to handle change in business today as they examine how organizations have handled real challenges, such as United Airlines' pension fund default, evidence-based management, the recent Wisconsin anti-labor law issues, and whistle blowing.
- NEW "TECHNICALLY SPEAKING" BOXES HIGHLIGHT RECENT TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES IMPACTING BUSINESS. Students carefully examine the technological issues and challenges facing companies today. They review technology at work in diverse business situations, including online misinformation, technology's impact on Cirque de Soleil, and the advent of remote surgeries.
- REVISED AND NEW BUILDING SKILLS EXERCISES HELP STUDENTS APPLY WHAT THEY HAVE LEARNED. Help future managers learn how to handle critical situations. These useful exercises in each chapter offer insights into approaching various management situations most effectively. Students improve targeted skills, such as conceptual, diagnostic, decision-making, time-management, and technical abilities.
- WELL-ORGANIZED, INVITING APPROACH IS ORGANIZED AROUND FUNCTIONS OF BUSINESS. Help your students strengthen their management skills and better understand the power of innovation in today's workplace with this book's effective balance of theory and practice.
- HUNDREDS OF WELL-RESEARCHED EXAMPLES BRING CONCEPTS TO LIFE. This edition draws memorable examples from a wide variety of popular establishments, from large organizations to unique small businesses.
1: Managing and the Manager's Job.
2: Traditional and Contemporary Issues and Challenges.
Part II: THE ENVIRONMENTAL CONTEXT OF MANAGEMENT.
3: The Environment and Culture of Organizations.
4: The Ethical and Social Environment.
5: The Global Environment.
6: The Multicultural Environment.
Part III: PLANNING AND DECISION MAKING.
7: Basic Elements of Planning and Decision Making.
8: Managing Strategy and Strategic Planning.
9: Managing Decision Making and Problem Solving.
10: Managing New Venture Formation and Entrepreneurship.
Part IV: THE ORGANIZING PROCESS.
11: Basic Elements of Organizing.
12: Managing Organization Design.
13: Managing Organization Change and Innovation.
14: Managing Human Resources in Organizations.
Part V: THE LEADING PROCESS.
15: Basic Elements Of Individual Behavior in Organizations.
16: Managing Employee Motivation and Performance.
17: Managing Leadership and Influence Processes.
18: Managing Interpersonal Relations and Communication.
19: Managing Work Groups and Teams.
Part VI: THE CONTROLLING PROCESS.
20: Basic Elements of Control.
21: Managing Operations, Quality, and Productivity.
22: Managing Information and Information Technology.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website for Griffin's Management
Instructors can find course support materials, including Instructor's Resource Manual, Test Bank files, PowerPoint® slides, and DVD guide.
On the Job Companion DVD
Put management concepts in action with new "On the Job" videos created specifically for this edition. "On the Job" videos provide behind-the-scene insights into management concepts at work within actual small and large businesses. Corresponding support material can be found in the DVD guide.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Griffin's Management
Cengage Learning Testing powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.