Request for consultation
Prepare your students for academic and workplace success with KEYBOARDING AND WORD PROCESSING, COMPLETE COURSE, LESSONS 1-110, MICROSOFT WORD 2013, 19th Edition. This market-leading text provides the tools students need to develop expertise in keyboarding, document formatting, and word processing skills using Microsoft® Word 2013. To build proficiency in these critical skills, lessons are structured to maximize efficiency and encourage productivity. When coupled with KPDO, students can work independently at home or at school with this easy-to-use integrated system.
- Introduction to Keyboarding Pro DELUXE Online (KPDO) web-based software will get students up and running quickly.
- Six new-key learning review lessons provide additional reinforcement.
- New lessons on MLA and APA report styles give greater emphasis to academic reports.
- Updated for Microsoft® Word 2013 and Windows 8 with greater emphasis on critical productivity tools and decreased emphasis on less frequently used commands.
- New short projects at the end of each module reinforce prior learning and offer a realistic assessment option.
- Two new chapters on Microsoft Web Apps provide realistic exposure to SkyDrive and cloud computing.
- Expanded coverage in specialized career areas (legal, medical, and human resource/employment) ensures a wide variety of realistic documents.
- Communicating Today feature highlights trends in industry or productivity tools in Word 2013.
- Additional composition activities in each module reinforce essential workplace communication skills and prepare students for academic and job success.
- Carefully crafted drills strengthen keyreaches and build fluency and control.
- Illustrations, photos, and tips reinforce correct techniques and encourage good habits.
- Supplemental drills and timed writings provide extra practice to strengthen and refine skills.
- Ribbon path highlights the key steps to learning new commands.
- QuickCheck provides a visual thumbnail solution to help the learner know if they are on track, and Trouble Shooting tips offer advice on overcoming problems.
- Communication activities and videos in KPDO review reinforce essential business communication skills and prepare students for academic and job success.
- Three extensive projects apply critical thinking and the document formatting and word processing skills learned to that point.
- An extensive Reference Guide provides convenient access to a range of model documents, giving students consistent examples to use as a standard.
Module 1 Alphabetic keys (L1-13).
Module 2 Figure and Symbol Keys (L14-25).
LEVEL 2: ESSENTIALS--FORMATTING BUSINESS DOCUMENTS.
Module 3 Word 2013 Essentials (L26-31).
Module 4 Memos and Letters (L32-37).
Module 5 Tables (L38-42).
Module 6 Reports (L43-49).
Module 7 Graphics (L50-53).
Module 8 Project 1 (L54-55).
Module 9 Web Apps .
LEVEL 3: BEYOND THE ESSENTIALS--FORMATTING ADVANCED DOCUMENTS.
Module 10 Advanced Business Correspondence (L56-60) .
Module 11 Documents with Complex Tables and Graphics (61-69).
Module 12 Business Reports (L70-75).
Module 13 Mail Merge (L76-80).
Module 14 Project 2 (L81-83).
LEVEL 4: DOCUMENTS FOR SPECIALIZED FIELDS.
Module 15 Meeting, Travel, and News Documents (L84-88).
Module 16 Human Resources/Employment Documents (L89-93).
Module 17 Health and Medical Documents (94-98).
Module 18 Legal Documents (L99-104) .
Module 19 Project 3 (L105-107).
Module 20 Web Apps (L108-110).
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor’s Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, instructor’s manual, test banks, solution files, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.