Request for consultation
Using Mayo’s INVESTMENTS: AN INTRODUCTION, 11E, introduce students to today’s most important investment topics from the perspective of an individual financial planner. This edition provides an inviting, comprehensive approach to investments--from the fundamentals students need to master for success on the CFP® exam to more advanced topics. This edition is an ideal, understandable choice for business students as well as finance majors. Concepts build on one another in this edition’s updated Financial Advisor’s Investment Case at the end of each chapter--providing a strong overview of today’s most pertinent investment opportunities and challenges. Throughout each chapter, this edition clearly emphasizes how students can apply what they’re learning to make solid investment decisions. Students can even gain hands-on experience with the same financial analysis tool used on Wall Street with this edition’s access to Thomson ONE-Business School Edition and corresponding problems in the text. With the rich array of teaching and learning resources found on this edition’s interactive companion website, you can help students fully understand today’s most important investment topics from the perspective of an individual financial planner. You can easily download the instructor resources from the password-protected, instructor-only portion of the site. Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Two chapters were rewritten: Chapter 9 on the valuation of stock using discounted cash flow and Chapter 20 on financial planning.
- InfoTrac® Student Collections are specialized databases expertly drawn from the Gale Academic One library. Each InfoTrac® Student Collection enhances the student learning experience in the specific course area related to the product. These specialized databases allow access to hundreds of scholarly and popular publications - all reliable sources - including journals, encyclopedias, and academic reports. Learn more and access at: http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- The “Point of Interest” boxed feature has been omitted or integrated into the text. Virtually all footnotes have been incorporated into the text material.
- This edition includes two new features designed for instructors who want more problems and self-help projects. The first feature is “Relationships,” which asks students to determine the relationship between two things. For example, an increase in interest rates
- THOMSON ONE-BSE PROBLEMS PROVIDE FIRSTHAND PRACTICE WITH THE DATABASE PROFESSIONALS USE. Give your students hands-on experience with the same financial online database that Wall Street analysts rely on every day. Thomson ONE-BSE problems at the end of chapters give students an opportunity to present earnings estimates, financials, and market data using Thomson ONE-BSE data from hundreds of today’s leading companies. Thomson ONE-BSE access is included with each new book.
- STUDENTS FOCUS ON THE CFP® TOPICS MOST IMPORTANT FOR TODAY’S EXAM. Widely recognized for its proven focus and clear presentation of CFP® testing topics, this edition continues to emphasize concepts students need for success when they take today’s CFP® exam.
- FINANCIAL ADVISOR’S INVESTMENT CASE PREPARES STUDENTS FOR REAL INVESTMENT DECISIONS. Brief, engaging cases at the end of each chapter create a dynamic, continuing Financial Advisor’s Case that integrates each chapter’s materials. Students clearly see how concepts from each chapter apply to investment decisions from a financial planner’s perspective. Cases follow today’s proven format for effective learning.
- EXPANDED COVERAGE OF STOCK VALUATION RATIOS THOROUGHLY INTRODUCES THIS KEY TOPIC. Give students a strong understanding of adjusted PEG, return on equity from price to book, and profit margin from price to sales with this edition’s complete expanded introduction to stock valuation ratios--one of today’s key investment topics.
1. An Introduction to Investments.
2. Securities Markets.
3. The Time Value of Money.
4. Financial Planning, Taxation and the Efficiency of Financial Markets.
5. Risk and Portfolio Management.
Part II: INVESTMENT COMPANIES.
6. Investment Companies: Mutual Funds.
7. Closed-End Investment Companies, Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), and Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs).
Part III: INVESTING IN COMMON STOCK.
9. The Valuation of Common Stock.
10. Investment Returns and Aggregate Measures of Stock Markets.
11. The Macroeconomic Environment for Investment Decisions.
12. Behavioral Finance and Technical Analysis.
Part IV: INVESTING IN FIXED-INCOME SECURITIES.
13. The Bond Market.
14. The Valuation of Fixed-Income Securities.
15. Government Securities.
16. Convertible Bonds and Convertible Preferred Stock.
Part V: DERIVATIVES.
17. An Introduction to Options.
18. Option Valuation and Strategies.
19. Commodity and Financial Futures.
Part VI: AN OVERVIEW.
20. Financial Planning and Investing in an Efficient Market Context.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.