Request for consultation
Now in its fourth edition, Introduction to Electronics continues to offer its readers a complete introduction to basic electricity/electronics principles with emphasis on hands-on application of theory. Expanded discussion of Capacitive AC, Inductive AC, and Resonance Circuits is just the beginning! For the first time, MultiSIM® problems have been integrated into Introduction to Electronics, providing even greater opportunities to apply basic electronics principles and develop critical thinking skills by building, analyzing, and troubleshooting DC and AC circuits. In addition, this electron flow, algebra-based electricity/electronics primer now includes coverage of topics such as surface mount components, Karnaugh maps, and microcontrollers that are becoming increasingly important in today's world. Introduction to Electronics is the ideal choice for readers with no prior electronics experience who seek a basic background in DC and AC circuits that aligns closely with today's business and industry requirements. Objectives are clearly stated at the beginning of each brief, yet highly focused chapter to focus attention on key points. In addition, all-new photographs are used throughout the book and detailed, step-by-step examples are included to show how math and formulas are used. Chapter-end review questions and summaries ensure mastery, while careers are profiled throughout Introduction to Electronics, 4th Edition to stimulate the reader's interest in further study and/or potential employment in electronics or related fields.
- All-new introduction to surface mount components, a topic often omitted in other introductory electronics books yet frequently required in basic industry and home workshop settings.
- Electronics Workbench® problems and examples to provide readers with hands-on opportunities to apply DC/AC principles and develop critical thinking skills by building, analyzing and troubleshooting circuits.
- Reduction of lengthy cross multiplications in examples simplifies the mathematics and serves to further clarify when and how to use basic formulas.
- New and clearer photographs supplement descriptions of important concepts, making it easier to master basic theory.
- Expanded coverage of Capacitive AC, Inductive AC and Resonance Circuits provides readers with a more complete introduction to electronics than ever before!
- All-new sections on Karnaugh maps and microcontrollers ensure exposure to topics important in today's increasingly digital world.
Career Opportunities, Using a Calculator, Safety Precaution.
Fundamentals of Electricity, Current, Voltage, Resistance, Ohm's Law, Electrical measurements-Meters, Power, DC Circuits, Magnetism, Inductance, Capacitance.
Alternating Current, AC Measurements, Resistive AC Circuits, Capacitive AC Circuits, Inductive AC Circuits, Resonance AC Circuits, Transformers.
Semiconductor Fundamentals, PN Junction Diodes, Bipolar Transistors, Field Effect Transistors, Thyristors, Integrated Circuits, Optoelectric Devices.
LINEAR ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS:
Power Supplies, Amplifier Basics, Amplifier Applications, Oscillators, Waveshaping Circuits.
DIGITAL ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS:
Binary number System, Basic Logic Gates, Simplifying Logic Circuits, Sequential Logic Circuits, Combinational Logic Circuits, Microprocessor Basics.
Scientific Notation, Periodic Table of Elements, Basic Formulas, Electronic Abbreviation, Greek Alphabet, Commonly Used Prefixes, Resistor Color Codes, Electronic Symbols, Semiconductor Schematic Symbols, Digital Logic Symbols.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor's Manual serves as an instructional resource and provides teaching tips or guidelines, essay questions, answers to review and test questions, key objectives, glossary, appendices and exercises for content reinforcement.
The Laboratory Manual is a valuable tool designed to enhance your lab experience. Lab activities, objectives, materials lists, step-by-step procedures, illustrations, and review questions are commonly found in a Lab Manual.
Electronic CourseMate with eBook (1-Year) Instant Access Code