Request for consultation
Equip your students for success in international finance with the depth of theory and practical applications in this best-selling text. Madura's INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT 12E builds on the fundamental principles of corporate finance to provide the timely information and contemporary insights your students need to prosper in today's global business environment. Well-known for its inviting reader-friendly style and clear explanations, this book introduces international finance with a focus on the important role of modern multinational corporations in global commerce. The book discusses a wide range of managerial topics using a strong corporate perspective and updates throughout the text emphasize the most recent financial changes and industry trends to prepare your students for contemporary practice. This edition also highlights financial reform and its impact on international finance today with "Financial Reform" margin call-outs. Online Articles as well as expanded real-world applications and clear, relevant examples provide the hands-on experience your students need to understand and effectively manage within the dynamic field of international finance. Instructive diagrams, learning features, and self-test opportunities further guide your students to the strong understanding of financial theory they'll need for international finance success.
- EXPANDED QUESTIONS AND APPLICATIONS PROVIDE TIMELY REVIEW. More comprehensive Questions and Applications at the end of most chapters help your students to review and apply concepts from the text.
- New! Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want. Revised to reflect the 12th edition, the Cognero Test Bank contains the same questions that are in the Microsoft® Word Test Bank. All question content is now tagged according to Tier I (Business Program Interdisciplinary Learning Outcomes) and Tier II (Finance-specific) standards, topic, Bloom's Taxonomy, and difficulty level.
- SELF TESTS ALLOW STUDENTS TO CHECK THEIR UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS AS THEY PROGRESS. A helpful "self-test" at the end of most chapters allows your students to evaluate their personal understanding of key concepts as they move ahead through the book. This helps prepare them for more comprehensive reviews in preparation for mid-term and final exams.
- CONTINUED EMPHASIS ON FINANCIAL REFORM HIGHLIGHTS DEVELOPMENTS RESHAPING THE INDUSTRY. The text prepares your students for the international financial world of tomorrow with a new focus on reform in the financial industry. "Financial Reform" call-outs appear next to all applicable content. The book still thoroughly addresses the global financial and credit crisis, but with less intensity.
- "ONLINE ARTICLES" ENCOURAGE FINANCIALLY RELATED INTERNET RESEARCH.The text provides an online research assignment at the end of each chapter that prompts students to practice their internet research skills as well as connect this edition's content to timely financial activities.
- TIMELY UPDATES THROUGHOUT THIS EDITION REFLECT THE MOST RECENT FINANCIAL DEVELOPMENTS AND TRENDS. Updated content prepares your students to deal with the most recent financial changes, developments, and trends in today's ever-changing financial industry.
- CLEAR LEARNING OBJECTIVES AND LISTS OF KEY CONCEPTS GUIDE READING AND STUDY. To direct students in their individual study, review and reading, learning objectives and key concepts are located at the beginning of each chapter. These learning tools assist you in preparation for mid-term and final exams.
- TIMELY, RELEVANT EXAMPLES REINFORCE PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF CONCEPTS. Numerous memorable examples throughout the text reinforce key concepts and show students the practical applications and importance of the material they're learning within each chapter in today's financial world.
- DETAILED SUGGESTIONS FOR "CREDIT CRISIS" TERM PAPER PROVIDE MEANINGFUL CONTEXT FOR STUDY. Useful suggestions for creating a "Credit Crisis" term paper at the end of Chapter 1 provide a relevant, engaging opportunity for your students to apply key concepts within a well-developed, meaningful project.
- DIRECT EXCHANGE RATE TRENDS LIST PROVIDES THIS CRITICAL INFORMATION AT A GLANCE. The text provides a Direct Exchange Rate Trends list to emphasize this important aspect of international finance and provide quick access to this significant information.
1. Multinational Financial Management: An Overview.
2. International Flow of Funds.
3. International Financial Markets.
4. Exchange Rate Determination.
5. Currency Derivatives.
Part II: EXCHANGE RATE BEHAVIOR.
6. Government Influence on Exchange Rates.
7. International Arbitrage and Interest Rate Parity.
8. Relationships among Inflation, Interest Rates, and Exchange Rates.
Part III: EXCHANGE RATE RISK MANAGEMENT.
9. Forecasting Exchange Rates.
10. Measuring Exposure to Exchange Rate Fluctuations.
11. Managing Transaction Exposure.
12. Managing Economic Exposure and Translation Exposure.
Part IV: LONG-TERM ASSET AND LIABILITY MANAGEMENT.
13. Direct Foreign Investment.
14. Multinational Capital Budgeting.
15. International Corporate Governance and Control.
16. Country Risk Analysis.
17. Multinational Capital Structure and Cost of Capital.
18. Long-Term Debt Financing.
Part V: SHORT-TERM ASSET AND LIABILITY MANAGEMENT.
19. Financing International Trade.
20. Short-Term Financing.
21. International Cash Management.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor's manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.