Request for consultation
Trust Brigham/Daves' INTERMEDIATE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT 11E, the only textbook written specifically for Intermediate or Advanced Corporate Finance courses to provide your students with a full understanding of both conceptual theories and practical financial skills. This comprehensive text from renowned author team Gene Brigham and Phillip Daves reinforces coverage from earlier corporate finance courses for a clear presentation, while providing new, progressive material to challenge even the most advanced learners. The authors use corporate valuation as a unifying theme to emphasize the theoretic groundwork for value maximization and the practical skills to analyze business decisions. You will find in-depth coverage of core issues and the most current coverage of topics that are reshaping finance today. The book's reader-friendly approach incorporates actual business examples and integrated cases as well as Excel® spreadsheet models to demonstrate how financial theory in practice leads to solid financial decisions. A comprehensive support package reduces your preparation time and offers your students practice using Thomson ONE-Business School Edition, the same financial online database Wall Street professionals trust every day. New Aplia™ for Finance, the leading online homework management system, and CengageNOW course management software are both optional solutions and help further ensure your students remain "First in Finance" throughout your intermediate or advanced corporate finance course.
- RESTRUCTURED CAPITAL BUDGETING CHAPTERS CLARIFY CONCEPTS. The authors have significantly reorganized Chapters 12 and 13 on Capital Budgeting chapters to ensure reader comprehension of this important topic.
- NEW APLIA™ FOR FINANCE ENGAGES STUDENTS AND SUPPORTS INTERACTIVE LEARNING. This optional digital solution is the fastest-growing online pedagogical tool for intermediate financial management. Aplia saves you time while helping your students perform better in class. A trusted homework solution, Aplia™ includes text-correlated real-time interactive tutorials, online experiments, news analyses, and auto-graded problem sets. It is simple to ensure your students are consistently well prepared for class as this leading online system provides immediate feedback and student accountability.
- UPDATED COVERAGE THROUGHOUT THE TEXT, CASES, MODELS AND SPREADSHEETS REFLECTS THE LATEST FINANCIAL INFORMATION. This edition integrates the very latest financial data and material to ensure your students are equipped to succeed in tomorrow's financial world. You'll find important updates throughout Beginning-of-Chapter Models, Chapter Build-A-Models, Mini-Case Models, and Excel® Tool Kit Spreadsheets.
- FRESH INTERIOR DESIGN INCREASES READABILITY. This edition provides a new, focused layout to improve readability. Quick reference callouts draw student attention to key chapter resources.
- UNIQUE BALANCE OF THEORY AND PRACTICE DIFFERENTIATES BOOK'S APPROACH. Brigham and Daves clearly introduce both core financial theories in-depth as well as emerging financial management issues using a practically focused, clear presentation that is of hallmark strength. This edition provides the background material necessary for student success without sacrificing the rigor you need to equip advanced students.
- RELIABLE PRESENTATION PROVIDES TRUSTED ACCURACY. The author team's meticulous attention to detail and time-tested content deliver a complete text and unique package of author-driven supplements that you can trust with confidence in your intermediate or advanced course.
- PROVEN LEARNING FEATURES HIGHLIGHT PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS. Students see how today's financial theories and trends are applied through this edition's wealth of engaging learning features, including real-world examples, practical problem sets, and integrated Mini-Cases.
- THOMSON ONE-BUSINESS SCHOOL EDITION ACCESSES SAME TOOL PROFESSIONAL BROKERS AND ANALYSTS USE EVERY DAY. Students can access leading financial data sources -- including Thomson Financial, Worldscope, SEC Disclosure and DataStream -- to complete special Thomson ONE-BSE end-of-chapter text problems. Students gain valuable experience in performing financial research and analysis and also hands-on practice with this leading financial tool, without creating additional work for you.
1. An Overview of Financial Management.
2. Risk and Return: Part I.
3. Risk and Return: Part II.
4. Bond Valuation.
5. Basic Stock Valuation.
6. Financial Options.
7. Accounting for Financial Management.
8. Analysis of Financial Statements.
PART II: CORPORATE VALUATION.
9. Financial Planning and Forecasting Financial Statements.
10. Determining the Cost of Capital.
11. Corporate Value and Value-Based Management.
PART III: PROJECT VALUATION.
12. Capital Budgeting: Decision Criteria.
13. Capital Budgeting: Estimating Cash Flows and Analyzing Risk.
14. Real Options.
PART IV: STRATEGIC FINANCING DECISIONS.
15. Capital Structure Decisions: Part I.
16. Capital Structure Decisions: Part II.
17. Distributions to Shareholders: Dividends and Repurchases.
PART V: TACTICAL FINANCING DECISIONS.
18. Initial Public Offerings, Investment Banking, and Financial Restructuring.
19. Lease Financing.
20. Hybrid Financing: Preferred Stock, Warrants, and Convertibles.
PART VI: WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT.
21. Working Capital Management.
22. Providing and Obtaining Credit.
23. Other Topics in Working Capital Management.
PART VII: SPECIAL TOPICS.
24. Derivatives and Risk Management.
25. Bankruptcy, Reorganization, and Liquidation.
26. Mergers, LBOs, Divestitures, and Holding Companies.
27. Multinational Financial Management.
28. Time Value of Money.
29. Basic Financial Tools: A Review.
30. Pension Plan Management.
31. Financial Management in Not-for-Profit Businesses.
"I like to use the same text in Intermediate and Advanced, but it is not necessary. I guess my reasoning is that I find Brigham and Daves works well in both courses. I use the Web Chapters and Web Extensions very much in the Capstone course, which I find to be a great selling point to using that text for the capstone. I am also very happy in using the text for Intermediate, so it is a winner for me."
"I currently am using the Brigham/Daves text [and] I especially like the coverage of finance topics in this textbook. It is timely and provides a lot of material not found in other intermediate finance textbooks.…"
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Website for Brigham/Daves INTERMEDIATE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, 12E INSTRUCTOR DESCRIPTION: Save time as you create a dynamic course using the Instructor's Manual, Test Bank in Cognero™, Excel® spreadsheet models, and PowerPoint® slides. Bring lectures to life as colorful PowerPoint® slides cover the essential topics for each chapter. Created by the authors and updated for the 12E, all of the graphs, tables, lists, and calculations are developed sequentially for your convenience, and you can easily modify slides for your specific needs. The Excel® Build A Model spreadsheets and solutions, Beginning-of-Chapter Models, Mini-Case Models, and Tool Kits are available on the companion website.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero™ is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want. Revised to reflect the 12E edition, all question content is tagged according to Tier I (Business Program Interdisciplinary Learning Outcomes) and Tier II (Finance-specific) standards topic, Bloom's Taxonomy, and difficulty level.