Request for consultation
The Illustrated Series Soft Skills titles are designed to make it easy to teach students the essential soft skills necessary to succeed in today’s competitive workplace. This text delves into the importance of effective and professional written communication from creating professional documentation to E-mail correspondence. Each book and companion CourseMate cover 40 critical skills, providing students with extensive knowledge they can bring with them into the real world. CourseMate brings each text to life with an audio visual eBook, scenario videos, access to Career Transitions, interactive activities for reinforcement, and Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool that monitors student engagement in the course!
- Updated to cover the most relevant and valuable soft skills content to prepare students for the 21st century work place.
- New! CourseMate digital solution available for optional integration. CourseMate brings concepts and skills to life with an interactive multi-media ebook, activities and quizzes for additional reinforcement and the Engagement Tracker feature for no hassle automatic grading!
- Employs the Illustrated Series' reader-friendly pedagogy, providing short, focused text on key soft skills needed to succeed in a technological workplace.
- Provides timeless information about skills that make students more marketable to companies and that are necessary in the professional world.
- Complements any course with modular content that can be integrated in existing courses or used for short courses or workshops.
1: Understanding E-Mail Messages and Memos
2: Composing the Main Elements of Messages
3: Creating Professional E-Mail Messages
4: Constructing Professional Memos
5: Writing Request Messages
6: Writing Response Messages
7: Writing Bad-News Messages
8: Writing Documentation Messages
Part 2: Uncovering the Secrets of Clear Writing
9: Clarifying Written Communication
10: Writing Solid Sentences
11: Developing Effective Paragraphs
12: Mastering Punctuation
13: Laying Out Your Documents
14: Illustrating Data
15: Adding Tables and Figures to Documents
16: Proofreading and Revising
Part 3: Developing Reports and Proposals
17: Understanding Reports and Proposals
18: Planning a Report or Proposal
19: Writing the Beginning
20: Writing the Body
21: Creating the End Matter
22: Writing Short Reports
23: Writing Proposals
24: Citing Sources
Part 4: Writing for Employment
25: Understanding Job Searches
26: Writing Effective Cover Letters
27: Planning Resumes
28: Writing Chronological Resumes
29: Writing Functional Resumes
30: Requesting Letters of Reference
31: Sending Follow-Up Messages
32: Accepting or Rejecting Job Offers
Part 5: Writing Professional Letters
33: Understanding Professional Letter Writing
34: Writing Business Letters
35: Using Salutations
36: Closing Business Letters
37: Writing Routine Letters
38: Answering Request Letters
39: Writing Persuasive Letters
40: Writing for Goodwill
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access