Request for consultation
The Illustrated Series Soft Skills titles are designed to make it easy to teach students the essential soft skills necessary to succeed in today’s competitive workplace. Each book and companion CourseMate cover 40 critical skills, providing students with extensive knowledge they can bring with them into the real world. CourseMate brings each text to life with an audio visual eBook, scenario videos, access to Career Transitions, interactive activities for reinforcement, and Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool that monitors student engagement in the course!
- Updated to cover the most relevant and valuable soft skills content to prepare students for the 21st century work place.
- New! CourseMate digital solution available for optional integration. CourseMate brings concepts and skills to life with an interactive multi-media ebook, activities and quizzes for additional reinfocement and the Engagement Tracker feature for no hassle automatic grading!
- Employs the Illustrated Series' reader-friendly pedagogy, providing short, focused text on key soft skills needed to succeed in a technological workplace.
- Provides timeless information about skills that make students more marketable to companies and that are necessary in the professional world.
- Complements any course with modular content that can be integrated in existing courses or used for short courses or workshops.
1: Understanding Problem Solving
2: Analyzing Problems
3: Working with Problem Owners and Stakeholders
4: Developing Effective Problem Statements
5: Determining Causes
6: Simplifying Complex Problems
7: Indentifying and Managing Risks
8: Avoiding Problem-Solving Traps
Part 2: Solving the Problem
9: Gathering and Analyzing Data
10: Developing Alternatives
11: Evaluating Options
12: Implementing the Solution
13: Monitoring and Managing the Solution
14: Verifying the Solution
15: Using Adaptive Techniques
16: Developing Ethical Solutions
Part 3: Thinking Critically
17: Understanding Critical Thinking
18: Identifying Arguments
19: Assessing the Credibility of an Argument
20: Exploring Weaknesses in an Argument
21: Overcoming Obstacles to Critical Thinking
22: Avoiding Deductive Reasoning Fallacies
23: Avoiding Inductive Reasoning Fallacies
24: Becoming a Critical Thinker
Part 4: Group Decision Making and Problem Solving
25: Understanding Group Dynamics
26: Evolving from a Group to a Team
27: Using Divergent Thinking
28: Using Convergent Thinking
29: Reaching Closure
30: Avoiding Common Group Traps
31: Working with Large Groups
32: Building Sustainable Agreements
Part 5: Decision Support Tools
33: Understanding Decision Support Systems
34: Modeling Decisions Quantitatively
35: Describing Data Objectively
36: Working with Formulas and Functions
37: Performing What-If Analyses
38: Weighing Factors
39: Creating Decision Trees
40: Using Graphics to Display Data
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access