Request for consultation
Introduce your students to a new generation of Shelly Cashman Series® books! For the past three decades, the Shelly Cashman Series® has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of students. With HTML5 and CSS Introductory, we're continuing our history of innovation by enhancing our proven pedagogy to reflect the learning styles of today's students. Within this text you will find features that are specifically designed to engage students, improve retention, and prepare them for future success.
- New Web Page chapter projects with all new images and screen shots, ideal for visual learners, allow students to practice the concepts and skills learned.
- Updated content to cover the newest tags and attributes added by HTML5 and CSS languages to ensure the most current coverage of web development trends and topics.
- Enhanced End of Chapter material and Appendices to provide robust review and reinforcement.
- Contains four chapters and two appendices as well as one special feature that offer an introductory presentation of HTML, including the Web development life cycle, Web page creation using HTML, creating lists, creating links, inserting images, and formatting text. Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) are used throughout the text. New topics include the use of HTML5 and CSS3 in Web development.
- Offers a Plan Ahead feature which prepares students to create successful projects by encouraging them to think about what they are trying to accomplish before they begin.
- Gives students the information they need to know, when they need to know it through enhancements to the step-by-step instructions, a new Q&A feature, and improved call-outs on screenshots.
- Engages students with Experimental steps, which encourage them to go beyond step-by-step instructions to explore and experiment with HTML code.
2. Creating and Editing a Web Page Using Inline Styles.
3. Creating Web Pages with Links, Images, and Embedded Style Sheets.
4. Creating Tables in a Web Site Using an External Style Sheet.
SF 1. Attracting Visitors to Your Web Site.
Appendix A: HTML Quick Reference.
Appendix B: Browser-Safe Color Palette.
Appendix C: Accessibility Standards and the Web.
Appendix D: CSS Properties and Values.
Appendix E: Publishing Web Pages to a Web Server.