Request for consultation
HIPAA for Healthcare Professionals clearly explains HIPAA concepts and brings meaning to the concepts through examples, real-life scenarios, thought-provoking questions, and discussion. Perfect for any allied health professional, coverage includes key information on the HIPAA ruling including fundamentals, privacy issues, explanation of the security ruling, and dispels HIPAA myths.
- Addresses the question, “How does HIPAA impact me and my job?”
- Think About It feature stimulates reflection about concepts discussed.
- True Stories and Scenarios illustrate actual real-life happenings and emphasize the importance of HIPAA compliance.
- Review Questions found at the end of chapter allow reader to check their understanding of chapter concepts.
- Appendix: Forms and Resources to be used on the job.
2. Privacy Issues Explained
3. Transactions and Code Sets
4. Security Ruling Explained
5. Unique Health Identifiers and HIPAA Myths
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as coordinated PowerPoint® presentations, video clips, a test bank, an instructor’s manual, and more.