Request for consultation
NUTRITION & DIET THERAPY, 10E is an updated introduction to the essentials of nutrition concepts, good health and client care that will provide your nursing students with a solid foundation in nutrition. This book addresses misconceptions presented in the media about the link between good nutrition and good health and will enable your students to more effectively help their clients improve their nutrition and overall health. NUTRITION & DIET THERAPY, 10E is organized around three simple concepts. Section One covers the fundamentals of nutrition, Section Two explains how to maintain good health through nutrition and Section Three addresses the nutrition therapy concepts nurses need to know.
- New In the Media and Supersize USA boxes have been added to keep students up to speed on some of the current events and fads influencing what we know about health and nutrition today as well as to bring current nutrition problems to the forefront and to generate discussion in the classroom.
- Updated exchange list information, developed by the American Diabetes Association in conjunction with the American Dietetic Association as well as Updated Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) and Daily Recommended Intake (DRI) can be found in tables throughout the book.
- A new section in Chapter 2 U.S Cultural Dietary Influences provides expanded information about the influence of cultures on the U.S diet and their nutritional strengths and weaknesses.
- New childhood obesity information discusses recent findings about the increasing obesity problem among children and outlines a strategy parents can use to help their children.
- Case in Points are reality-based case studies that apply to the chapter topics, followed up by a Rate this Plate challenge that asks for evaluation of a proposed meal plan for a client.
- StudyWare included in the back of the book includes: Answers to Review Questions from the textbook and suggested responses to the Case in Point and Rate the Plate Features! 24 Exam Prep Questions to test your students comprehension! Activities and Quizzes to help your students master chapter content
- New Online Companion includes tools for both the student and instructor. For the student: access to StudyWare online; links to resources, an additional 10 NCLEX style practice questions, PowerPoint presentations. And for the instructor an online Instructor Manual; Answers to Review Questions/Suggested Answers to the Case in Point as well as PowerPoint presentations.
- My Pyramid guidelines are recommended and embraced throughout the text.
- Supersize USA boxes highlight information and current events pertaining to the national obesity epidemic.
- Spotlight on the Life Cycle boxes outline nutritional concerns at each stage of life.
- Exploring the Web boxes provide web sites with more depth on chapter topics.
2. Planning a Healthy Diet.
3. Digestion, Absorption, and Metabolism.
5. Lipids, or Fats.
10. Food-Related Illnesses and Allergies.
11. Diet During Pregnancy and Lactation.
12. Diet During Infancy.
13. Diet During Childhood and Adolescence.
14. Diet During Young and Middle Adulthood.
15. Diet During Late Adulthood.
16. Diet and Weight Control.
17. Diet and Diabetes Mellitus.
18. Diet and Cardiovascular Disease.
19. Diet and Renal Disease.
20. Diet and Gastrointestinal Problems.
21. Diet and Cancer.
22. Diet and Clients with Special Needs.
23. Nutritional Care of Clients.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Premium Web Site Instant Access Code
Designed to support student learning, the Premium Website includes: Chapter Objectives; Weblinks for more information; Answers to chapter questions and a glossary. Many of our print offerings are also available in digital formats on www.CengageBrain.com. This eBook will contain downloaded chapter PDFs of the entire book for viewing on your computer with highlighting and search capabilities.
Premium Web Site Instant Access Code