Request for consultation
Bernard Rosner's FUNDAMENTALS OF BIOSTATISTICS is a practical introduction to the methods, techniques, and computation of statistics with human subjects. It prepares students for their future courses and careers by introducing the statistical methods most often used in medical literature. Rosner minimizes the amount of mathematical formulation (algebra-based) while still giving complete explanations of all the important concepts. As in previous editions, a major strength of this book is that every new concept is developed systematically through completely worked out examples from current medical research problems.
- New sections on Parametric Survival Analysis and Parametric Regression Models for Survival Data.
- New sections on Attributable Risk, Extensions to Logistic Regression, and Longitudinal Data Analysis.
- New section on Interval Estimation for Rank Correlation Coefficients.
- New material on Regression Models for Clustered Binary Data.
- More than 250 new and updated problems.
- Complete online data sets for SAS, SPSS, JMP, MINITAB, Excel, and ASCII formats, covering all problems in the text that make use of real data.
- Review problems for quick practice before the main exercise sets.
- Large number of applications highlighted in the Index of Applications on the endsheets (they are grouped by medical specialty and summarize the examples and exercises that address each application). Includes cutting-edge research in fields that students will actually be working in later in their academic and professional careers. Many of the applications are based on original research conducted by the author.
- Brief solutions for more than 300 problems are given in text and approximately 600 additional problems and complete solutions are given in the Study Guide available on the Companion Website.
2. Descriptive Statistics.
4. Discrete Probability Distributions.
5. Continuous Probability Distributions.
7. Hypothesis Testing: One-Sample Inference.
8. Hypothesis Testing: Two-Sample Inference.
9. Nonparametric Methods.
10. Hypothesis Testing: Categorical Data.
11. Regression and Correlation Methods.
12. Multisample Inference.
13. Design and Analysis Techniques for Epidemiologic Studies.
14. Hypothesis Testing: Person-Time Data.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Complete Solutions Manual
ONL DATASETS INSTR CMP WBS