Request for consultation
Introduce the most important theories and views in strategic management today using this concise, yet complete, text. Harrison/St. John's FOUNDATIONS IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT, Fifth Edition, addresses the most recent changes in today's business environment, including many topics that other strategic management texts often miss. This valuable text builds on a traditional theoretical foundation by using engaging examples from many of today's leading firms to demonstrate principles and applications. This edition now highlights strategizing in the global arena and the contemporary challenges of increased globalization while offering more focused coverage of the increasingly important topic of ethics. The authors have refined this edition's streamlined content to correspond closely with the way you teach, while providing the flexibility for you to customize your course to the needs of your students with additional exercises or readings. The book thoroughly addresses the traditional economic process model and the resource-based model, as well as the stakeholder theory. Rely on FOUNDATIONS IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT, Fifth Edition, to offer an indispensable resource that your students need for immediate and long-term success in strategic management.
- Additional emphasis on innovation and entrepreneurship demonstrates how to transform potential into success: This edition more thoroughly covers both innovation in today’s business world and entrepreneurship as your students learn to explore possibilities beyond the typical solutions.
- More information on today’s ethics and social responsibility prepares students for realities in business today: You can bring more timely information to your students on ethics and social responsibility with this edition’s increased emphasis on these critical aspects of business from a stakeholder perspective.
- Revised restructuring chapter provides more on economic cycles: Now you can teach your students how to deal with fluctuations effectively from a management standpoint using the additional detail on economic cycles in this edition’s revised restructuring chapter (Chapter 8).
- New emphasis on social networks highlights how to maximize these potential resources: The authors now emphasize how to best use the power of today’s social networks as a source of competitive advantage.
- Revised business-level strategies emphasize how to break new ground in business today: This edition’s significantly revised chapter on business-level strategies (Chapter 5) encompasses Blue Ocean strategies that demonstrate how to make the competition irrelevant by competing in new market space rather than existing industries.
- Chapter openers and closers further emphasize the value of strategy: Each chapter opens with a captivating "Strategy in Focus" that highlights the chapter's principles in practice. Chapters conclude with useful "Key Points Summary" that provide an ideal tool for review and test preparation.
- Concise, streamlined approach offers flexibility for additional coverage: This book's streamlined coverage leaves ample time for you to customize and tailor your course to the needs of your students with experiential exercises and relevant readings and cases of your choice.
- Multiple perspectives on strategic management equip students with broad opportunities for success: This book covers resource-based, economic, and stakeholder models, drawing from these multiple perspectives on the strategic management process to prepare your students for management success more thoroughly.
- Succinct, yet thorough, text offers ongoing economical value: This well-rounded text provides the insights your students need into today's strategic management principles and practices while remaining concise to keep the book both accessible and economical for today's learners.
- Engaging examples from leading firms illustrate major points: Students further develop their decision-making and analysis techniques as they review intriguing examples drawn from familiar organizations that demonstrate the text's principles in practice.
2. The External Environment.
3. Organizational Resources and Competitive Advantage.
4. Strategic Leadership and Strategic Direction.
5. Business-Level Strategies.
6. Corporate Strategies.
7. Strategic Implementation.
8. Strategic Control and Restructuring.
Appendix: Preparing a Strategic Analysis.