Request for consultation
Help students master the latest features in Excel® 2010 while establishing a strong foundation in corporate finance. With Mayes/Shank’s FINANCIAL ANALYSIS WITH MICROSOFT® EXCEL® 2010, 6E, your students develop a proficiency in using Excel® 2010 to solve real financial problems without sacrificing any finance background. This edition covers all of the topics in today's corporate finance course, including financial statements, budgets, the Market Security Line, pro forma statements, cost of capital, equities, and debt. A reader-friendly, self-directed learning approach and numerous study tools make this book both an ideal resource for independent learning and a valuable long-term reference tool. Because today's typical students enter college with basic spreadsheet skills, this new edition covers the basics early for those with no background, before moving quickly into many of the more advanced and most powerful features of Excel® 2010. This edition offers new focus on Excel® tables, pivot tables and pivot charts and other areas that have become increasingly important to today’s employers. The book's easy-to-understand presentation helps students build upon or transfer skills from other spreadsheet programs as they establish a strong understand of contemporary corporate finance. Give your students the valuable, highly marketable skills in Excel® 2010 with the understanding of corporate finance that they need to succeed with Mayes' FINANCIAL ANALYSIS WITH MICROSOFT® EXCEL® 2010, 6E.
- UPDATES PREPARE STUDENTS TO UTILIZE THE LATEST EXCEL® 2010 ADVANTAGES. Prepare your students for immediate finance and spreadsheet success in a financial context as this edition highlights introductory and advanced spreadsheet skills using EXCEL® 2010 new functions and features.
- NEW FINAL CHAPTER ANALYZES DATA SETS USING EXCEL® TABLES AND PIVOT TABLES. This new chapter (Ch. 15) thoroughly addresses the use of Excel® Tables, Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts – an area that has become an increasingly important requirement in job interviews.
- NEW COVERAGE OF WEB QUERIES AND PIVOT TABLES HELPS STUDENTS MAXIMIZE POWERFUL EXCEL® TOOLS. Now you can introduce your students to more advanced, powerful Excel® skills, such as using web queries to download and work with Internet data. New coverage also delves into using pivot tables, one of the most powerful Excel® features for extracting, summarizing and presenting data in readable form.
- EQUIP STUDENTS WITH BOTH BASIC SKILLS AND ADVANCED FINANCIAL TECHNIQUES FOR USING EXCEL® 2010. This proven, reader-friendly text introduces the basics of using spreadsheet as well as maximizing Excel® 2010 to build basic financial statements. After establishing a solid foundation, the book launches into more advanced techniques for performance evaluation, forecasting, valuation, and capital budgeting.
- COMBINE SOLID FINANCE COVERAGE WITH ESSENTIAL SPREADSHEET SKILLS. This edition offers more than a mere spreadsheet book or a text filled with spreadsheet templates. This trusted financial resource offers all of the advantages of a solid, thorough finance text while equipping your students to effectively solve financial problems using Excel® 2010.
- INTRODUCTORY LEVEL IS IDEAL FOR READERS UNFAMILIAR WITH EXCEL®. This edition’s reader-friendly approach begins at a basic introductory level that's ideal for students who are not very familiar with Excel®. Topics quickly advance to challenge those entering the course with a basic understanding of spreadsheets.
2. The Basic Financial Statements.
3. The Cash Budget.
4. Financial Statement Analysis Tools.
5. Financial Forecasting.
6. Break-Even and Leverage Analysis.
7. The Time Value of Money.
8. Common Stock Valuation.
9. Bond Valuation.
10. The Cost of Capital.
11. Capital Budgeting.
12. Risk and Capital Budgeting.
13. Portfolio Statistics and Diversification.
14. Writing User-Defined Functions with VBA.
15. Analyzing Datasets with Tables and Pivot Tables.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
All instructor resources are conveniently located on the password-protected website at http://login.cengage.com. Instantly access the Instructor’s Manual with suggestions for using learning features and supplements as well as tips for using ethical dilemmas and references to related real situations. You can also access the Test Bank in Word with numerous conceptual as well as financial calculation questions labeled by level of difficulty. Easily add, edit, delete, or reorganize test items online with the new Cognero testing platform. You can also bring lectures to life with PowerPoint® slides that highlight key chapter features. Excel spreadsheet templates are also posted and contain models for the computer-related end of chapter problems.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: Author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom or wherever you want!