Request for consultation
Packed with vivid illustrations and practical applications, EXPLORING ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR CS6 delivers a design-driven exploration of the foundation features of the latest version of Adobe Illustrator CS6. Step-by-step tutorials derived from the kind of projects that a graphic designer might typically encounter and profiles of designers and their work in Illustrator are two of the hallmarks of this proven and popular text.The book examines the tools and features of Adobe Illustrator's newest release and shows how to create vector graphics and drawings for both print and the Web with fundamental design elements in mind. Rich pedagogy includes an Exploring On Your Own sidebar that encourages practice beyond the projects and tutorials in the book, and hundreds of new illustrations integrated throughout drives home key design concepts while demonstrating exceptional digital illustration.
- Thoroughly revised and up to date, EXPLORING ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR CS6 incorporates the changes and upgrades to Adobe Illustrator with the release of CS6--giving readers a comprehensive tutorial to this powerful program.
- Offering even more real-world insight, Chapter 11 Web Publishing has been expanded to reflect the latest practices in the field.
- Delivering cutting-edge coverage, all example illustrations, lessons, and lesson files are completely new--making the latest edition more engaging than ever.
- Lessons in many chapters have been expanded, including a now more complete section on creating brushes and graphic styles.
- The new edition also explores the integration of Illustrator and Flash in web applications in greater detail.
- Focusing more on technical drawing than general illustration and design, an all-new chapter spotlights on new workflows as well as some tools never before included in the book.
- A full-color interior provides inspiring examples of the stunning artwork that can be created using Illustrator.
- Online digital lesson files allow students to work through each lesson throughout the book with ease.
- A thorough review of Illustrator CS6's tools and capabilities introduces designers to the must-know CS6 features of Adobe's industry-standard digital illustration program.
- The use of hands-on client projects enables readers to take a practical, tools-and-techniques approach to putting what they've learned into action.
- Behind-the-scenes contributions from leading designers demonstrate how to find inspiration when your creativity has gone on vacation, how to avoid common software mistakes, how to prepare Illustrator files for production, and many more valuable tips for the working designer.
2. The Lay of the Land.
3. Survival Techniques.
4. Drawing Lines and Shapes.
5. Using Color.
6. Value and Texture.
7. Working with Type.
8. Object Composition.
9. Spatial Illusions.
10. Technically Speaking.
12. Web Publishing.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
CourseMate Instant Access
CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. This CourseMate will provide you with information on all of the new features and tools of Adobe CS software, as well as state-of-the-art instructional videos provided by Total Training that are assignable and tightly integrated to each chapter. Total Training, Inc. is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
CourseMate Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.