Request for consultation
Ethics of Health Care: A Guide for Clinical Practice, 3E is designed to guide health care students and practitioners through a wide variety of areas involving ethical controversies. It provides a background in value development and ethical theories, including numerous real-life examples to stimulate discussion and thought.
- Section on Transcultural Health that outlines and discusses how the doctrines of different faiths effect the compliance and behavior of patients
- Expanded Family Planning chapter to include artificial insemination, in-vitro fertilization, and surrogacy
- HIPAA information has been added throughout
- The product is ethics specific allowing a broader study of the possible dilemmas facing the health care worker.
- Includes case studies, group projects and internet projects that are designed to further enhance the student�s study of ethics.
- Review questions included that stimulate critical thinking.
Chapter 1: Human Value Development
Chapter 2: Decision Making in Value Issues
Chapter 3: Basic Principles of Health Care Ethics
Chapter 4: The Nature of Rights in Ethical Discourse
Chapter 5: Confidentiality and the Management of Health Care Information
Chapter 6: Professional Gatekeeping as a Function of Role Fidelity
Chapter 7: Autonomy vs. Paternalism: A Contest Between Virtues
Chapter 8: Justics and the Allocation of Scarce Resources
Chapter 9: Withholding and Withdrawing Life Support
Chapter 10: Euthanasia: Practice and Principles
Chapter 11: Reproductive Issues
Chapter 12: AIDS and Health Care Practice
Chapter 13: Ethical Issues and Genetic Science
Chapter 14: Transcultural Health
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor's manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.