Request for consultation
Comprehensive and easy to read, Neukrug and Fawcett's ESSENTIALS OF TESTING AND ASSESSMENT: A PRACTICAL GUIDE, 2e introduces learners to the concepts and applications of assessment and testing. Case vignettes, samples of real tests, and additional activities and exercises increase understanding and reduce student anxiety.
- Updated information in this edition includes discussion of neuropsychological assessment in Chapter 7 (Intellectual and Cognitive Functioning: Intelligence and Neuropsychological Assessment); a section on Forensic Evaluation in appears in the section of Chapter 2 that discusses professional issues; and updated coverage of the ACA and APA Ethics Codes wherever applicable.
- Neukrug and Fawcett have added a new section on Item Response Theory (IRT), revised case examples and applications, and more coverage on computer usage.
- This edition offers new coverage of National Assessment of Educational Progress (Chapter 6) and Performance Assessment (Chapter 10) along with updated coverage of 16 PF, NEO PI-R and NEO-FFI, the PAI, and the SASSI.
- The text's examination of Standard Error of the Estimate, False Positives and False Negatives, and Non-Verbal Intelligence Testing has also been updated.
- Engage students with thought-provoking cases, vignettes, and real-life exercises, providing opportunities for hands-on practice.
- Guide students step-by-step through the increasingly complex process of gathering information about clients and suggest specific ways of writing effective test reports.
- Text illustrations, figures, and examples of test reports and interview outlines help students apply the concepts presented in the chapters.
- Down-to-earth, easy-to-understand writing clearly explains the use of test statistics and how to apply them to the assessment process.
- Neukrug and Fawcett devote individual chapters to commonly used assessment techniques in educational ability, intelligence testing, career and occupational assessment and clinical assessment with each chapter highlighting the role of the helper in assessment procedures and stressing the importance of sensitivity when assessing any person.
1: History of Testing and Assessment.
2: Ethical, Legal and Professional Issues in Assessment.
Part II: TEST WORTHINESS AND TEST STATISTICS.
3: Test Worthiness: Validity, Reliability, Practicality and Cross-Cultural Fairness.
4: Statistical Concepts: Making Meaning out of Raw Scores.
5: Statistical Concepts: Creating New Scores to Interpret Test Data.
Part III: COMMONLY-USED ASSESSMENT TECHNIQUES
6: Assessment of Educational Ability: Survey Battery, Diagnostic, Readiness and Cognitive Ability Tests.
7: Intellectual and Cognitive Functioning: Intelligence Testing and Neuropsychological Assessment.
8: Career and Occupational Assessment: Interest Inventories, Multiple Aptitude and Special Aptitude Tests.
9: Clinical Assessment: Objective and Projective Personality Tests.
10: Informal Assessment: Observation, Rating Scales, Classification Methods, Environmental Assessment, Records and Personal Documents and Performance-Based Assessment.
Part IV: DIAGNOSIS AND WRITING THE ASSESSMENT REPORT.
11: Diagnosis in the Assessment Process
12: The Assessment Report Process: The Interview, Assessment Techniques, Environmental Assessment, and the Report.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Manual and Test Bank
An online Instructor's Manual accompanies this book. It contains information to assist the instructor in designing the course, including sample syllabi, discussion questions, teaching and learning activities, field experiences, learning objectives, and additional online resources. For assessment support, the updated test bank includes true/false, multiple-choice, matching, short-answer, and essay questions for each chapter.
Testing Powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions. You can create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want.