Request for consultation
ENTREPRENEURSHIP: THEORY, PROCESS, PRACTICE, 9e, combines a practical, step-by-step approach with a theoretical foundation to form a basic framework for understanding the theory, process, and practice of entrepreneurship. Recognized for two decades as one of the leading books in the field, the aim of the text is to present the most current thinking in entrepreneurship as well as provide learners the opportunity to apply ideas and develop useful entrepreneurial skills. This edition has been updated to include current developments and issues in this explosive field.
- Strengthened Ethical Orientation: Extensive coverage of social responsibility, social entrepreneurship, sustainability, benefit corporations, and legal issues gives structure and discipline to operational and strategic decisions that broaden bottom-line accountability beyond financial gains and losses.
- New Business Plan: A new sample business plan on sustainability is in the appendix to the business plan chapter (Chapter 12), replacing the existing one on DropToMe.com.
- New Business Plan: A new sample business plan on renewable energy technologies--Hydraulic Wind Power, LLC--appears in the appendix to Chapter 12. With the goal of making wind power reliable, durable, and profitable, the plan documents the Hydraulic Winds founding (August 2010), its incubation period, its technology solution, its business model, its funding requirements, and pro forma financials.
- New Entrepreneurial Case Analyses: Each of the textbook's four parts end with an Entrepreneurial Case Analysis, a comprehensive case that engages students' analytical skills and requires them to defend decisions and actions. Three of these four cases are new to this edition - Part 1: Corporate Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Silicon Valley: The Case of Google, Inc.; Part 2: Envirofit International: A Venture Adventure; Part 4: Proton Cancer Therapy Center: An Entrepreneur's Dilemma.
- New Exercises in Building Business Plans: Taking Steps to Build a Business Plan exercises, in Chapters 5-12, coordinate with LivePlan business plan software.
- New Learning Outcomes: In the Instructor's Manual, a new series of learning outcomes mapped to each chapter's learning objectives articulate ways in which students can be asked to demonstrate mastery of learning objectives.
- Experiential Exercises: Short exercises at the end of each chapter and comprehensive exercises at the end of each part give students an experiential space in which they can test and investigate their understanding of chapter principles through self-scoring assessments, skills inventories, and related applications.
- Rigorous Scholarship: ENTREPRENEURSHIP: THEORY, PROCESS, PRACTICE, 9e, provides a systematic, process-oriented overview of entrepreneurship, from startup to maturation, with an eye on the latest research developments in the field.
- Blend of New, Retained, and Updated Cases: Cases designed to help students think and act like entrepreneurs, whether in a start-up or corporate setting, appear at the end of every chapter and at the end of every part.
- Entrepreneurship in Practice boxes: New and updated stories illustrate the application of entrepreneurship theory in today's marketplace.
1. Entrepreneurship. Evolutionary Development--Revolutionary Impact.
2. The Entrepreneurial Mind-Set in Individuals: Cognition and Ethics.
3. The Entrepreneurial Mind-Set in Organizations: Corporate Entrepreneurship.
4. Social Entrepreneurship and the Global Environment for Entrepreneurship.
Part II: INITIATING ENTREPRENEURIAL VENTURES.
5. Innovation: The Creative Pursuit of Ideas.
6. Assessment of Entrepreneurial Opportunities.
7. Pathways to Entrepreneurial Ventures.
8. Sources of Capital for Entrepreneurial Ventures.
Part III: DEVELOPING THE ENTREPRENEURIAL PLAN.
9. Legal Challenges for Entrepreneurial Ventures.
10. Marketing Research for Entrepreneurial Ventures.
11. Financial Preparation for Entrepreneurial Ventures.
12. Developing an Effective Business Plan.
Part IV: GROWTH STRATEGIES FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL VENTURES.
13. Strategic Entrepreneurial Growth.
14. Valuation of Entrepreneurial Ventures.
15. Harvesting Entrepreneurial Ventures.
"Overall, the text delivers what it promises: theory, process, and practice. Too often, entrepreneurship texts are framed around the business plan. This book goes beyond this and prepares the reader with important foundations and gives practical, hands-on information for starting a business."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
A dynamic, comprehensive website at http://academic.cengage.com/management/kuratko features an Interactive Study Center with quizzes, PowerPoint® slides, and additional business plans. Instructors can download resources, including the Instructor's Resource Manual with Test Bank and PowerPoint® presentation slides.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Kuratko's Entrepreneurship: Theory, Process, and Practice
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.