Request for consultation
DISCOVERING COMPUTERS ENHANCED brings the wealth of learning materials available for DISCOVERING COMPUTERS together into an easily usable toolkit and provides students with actionable direction for maximizing Web 2.0 tools in their pursuit for employment or growing their careers. The full online course lends structure to the wide variety of practice and reinforcement opportunities and begins each chapter with a self-assessment, enabling learners to target their study: learning more in less time. The practice questions and crossword puzzles in the back of the print book enable quick skill-and-drill opportunities and the Web 2.0 appendix shows learners how to use tools available to them to their full potential. DISCOVERING COMPUTERS ENHANCED offers not only the content students need to succeed in the introductory computing course, but provides it in a way that helps ensure success for all students.
- Understand Computing Careers and Harness Web 2.0 Tools to Take Control of Your Professional Opportunity.
- Build upon existing Computing Careers content to create a career toolkit / professional portfolio within the context of a computing career.
- Student Workbook.
- Practice test questions and crossword puzzles for each chapter that enforce learning.
- Feature 1: Book content structured and organized to improve student retention of material and promote transference of knowledge: Chapter structure presents topics where the information is most relevant and in the format that is most appropriate for student learning. Chapter organization presents topics students need to know for success at home, at school, and at work. End-of-chapter student assignments help students to be more successful in the course.
- Feature 2: Themes help students and instructors use in-chapter boxes, marginal elements, and accompanying digital only content effectively: Broaden Your Knowledge: Mini Features, How To boxes, Secure IT boxes, BTW elements, and High-Tech Talk articles. Critical Thinking: Consider This boxes, Ethics & Issues boxes, and questions posed in every mini feature and box throughout the book. Currency: Internet Research elements, Technology @ Work boxes, Innovative Computing elements, Technology Innovators, and Facebook posts/Twitter tweets. Self-Assessment: Chapter Objectives, Now You Know boxes, Quiz Yourself Online, Chapter Summary, Chapter Study Guides, Flash Cards, and Practice Tests.
- Feature 3: Unique supporting and enriching content is available only in the e-book to enhance student knowledge and understanding through links to content and interactive media embedded at locations most appropriate for learning: Author-developed content that expands on in-book chapter topics by presenting current or technical information. Author-directed animations and interactive figures. Relevant and timely access to third-party websites or videos. This digital only content provides up-to-the-minute news and currency by way of High-Tech Talk articles, the Innovative Computer feature, and articles and topics delivered via Facebook and Twitter. Additional digital only content, such as Quiz Yourself Online, Chapter Study Guides and the Flash Cards, provides review and practice opportunities anytime, anywhere.
- Feature 4: End-of-chapter student assignments, along with the accompanying MindTap website, offer students an exceptional learning solution.
1: Digital Literacy: Introducing a World of Technology.
2: The Internet: Accessing, Searching, Sharing, and Communicating.
3: Computers and Mobile Devices: Evaluating the Possibilities.
4: Programs and Apps: Using Software at Work, School, and Home.
5: Digital Safety and Security: Identifying Threats, Issues, and Defenses.
6: Inside Computers and Mobile Devices: Exploring the Components.
7: Input and Output: Examining Popular Devices.
8: Digital Storage: Preserving on Media and in the Cloud.
9: Operating Systems: Managing, Coordinating, and Monitoring Resources.
10: Communications and Networks: Sending and Receiving Digital Content.
11: Information and Data Management: Organizing, Verifying, Maintaining, and Accessing.
12: Information Systems and Program Development: Designing and Building Solutions.
Focus On: Troubleshooting Computer and Mobile Device Problems.
Focus On: Jump Starting Your Technology Career.
Focus On: Workbook.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Companion Website
Discover everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download helpful PowerPoint® presentations, the timesaving Solutions Manual and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.