Request for consultation
DISCOVERING COMPUTERS: COMPLETE provides students with a current and thorough introduction to computers. This Shelly Cashman Series® text offers a dynamic and engaging solution to successfully teach students the relevancy of computer concepts in their personal, professional and academic lives through exciting new exercises that focus on problem solving and critical thinking.
- Coverage has been updated to include Microsoft® Office 2010 and new innovations in technology, such as the iPad, to ensure the most current coverage of today's technology and trends.
- The optional integration of the new Cengage Learning's Computer Concepts CourseMate for Discovering Computers brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook–specific website. The Computer Concept CourseMate for Dicsovering Computers goes beyond the book to deliver what you need!
- Illustrate the relevance of computer concepts to your students with Computer Usage @ Work boxes and Problem Solving @ Work exercises providing examples of how any career path you chose will involve technology in some way.
- Start relevant discussions in your course using the Ethics & Issues boxes to debate how technology is affecting the world we live in.
- Engage your students in the content by integrating the online companion games and activities that make learning fun!
Special Feature: Timeline.
2. The Internet and World Wide Web.
Special Feature: Making Use of the Web.
3. Application Software.
Special Feature: Digital Communications.
4. The Components of the System Unit.
Special Feature: Digital Video Technology.
8. Operating Systems and Utility Programs.
Special Feature: Buyer's Guide.
9. Communications and Networks.
10. Database Management.
11. Computer Security and Safety, Ethics, and Privacy.
Special Feature: Digital Forensics.
12. Information System Development.
13. Programming Languages and Program Development.
Special Feature: Web 2.0 Program Development.
14. Enterprise Computing.
Special Feature: Enterprise Order Processing: A Case Study.
15. Computer Careers and Certification.
Special Feature: Living Digitally.
A: Quiz Yourself Answers.
B: Computer Acronyms.
C: Coding Schemes and Number Systems.
"DISCOVERING COMPUTERS offers students a basic understanding of computers that they can take with them once this course is completed. The most important thing to me is being able to teach the most current information about computers because computers are used EVERYWHERE! DISCOVERING COMPUTERS offers up-to-date information and provides my students with the basic understanding of computers that they need to be successful in their future."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Companion Website
Discover everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download helpful PowerPoint® presentations, the timesaving Solutions Manual and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.