Request for consultation
ENGINEERING DRAWING AND DESIGN, 5E provides your students with an easy-to-read, A-to-Z coverage of drafting and design instruction that complies with the latest (ANSI & ASME) industry standards. This fifth edition continues its twenty year tradition of excellence with a multitude of actual quality industry drawings that demonstrate content and provide problems for real world, practical application. The engineering design process featured in ENGINEERING DRAWING AND DESIGN, 5E follows an actual product design from concept through manufacturing, and provides your students with a variety of design problems for challenging applications or for use as team projects. Also included in this book is coverage of Civil Drafting, 3D CADD, solid modeling, parametric applications, and more.
- Contains, throughout the book, new CADD Applications, as well as Going Green features.
- Improved content based on comprehensive technical reviews and new Engineering Design Processes product example.
- New and revised chapter tests, chapter problems, expanded CADD and Solid Modeling content and expanded material selection criteria, manufacturing processes, and engineering design applications.
- Includes updates to the following: web site research; Professional Perspectives; National drafting standards (including and most importantly ASME Y15.5-2009).
- Includes chapter correlated comprehensive PowerPoint presentations, chapter correlated ExamView tests and the manual drafting content has been moved to the Student CD and expands on CADD coverage.
- Includes additional engineering drawing and design chapters that have been provided on the accompanying CD and includes Fluid Power, Engineering Charts and Graphs, and Math Applications.
- Includes updated US National CADD standards, as well as current ANSI, ASME, and related standards.
- Contains dozens of new relevant CADD applications that illustrate for your students how the use of CADD is streamlining the design and drafting process.
- Includes step-by-step instructions for applying manual and computer-aided drafting techniques that prepare your students for any design environment.
- Explains how your students can prepare drawings from engineering sketches by providing the basic guides for layout and arrangement in a knowledge-building format.
1. Introduction to Engineering Drawing and Design.
2. Drafting Equipment, Media, and Reproduction Methods.
3. Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD).
4. Manufacturing Materials and Processes.
SECTION II: Fundamental Applications.
5. Sketching Applications.
6. Lines and Lettering.
7. Drafting Geometry.
SECTION III: Drawing Views and Annotations.
9. Auxiliary Views.
10. Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
11. Fasteners and Springs.
12. Sections, Revolutions and Conventional Breaks.
13. Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
14. Pictorial Drawings and Technical Illustrations.
SECTION IV: Working Drawings.
15. Working Drawings.
16. Mechanisms: Linkages, Cams, Gears, and Bearings.
17. Belt and Chain Drives.
18. Welding Processes and Representations.
SECTION V: Specialty Drafting and Design.
19. Precision Sheet Metal Drafting.
20. Electrical and Electronics Drafting.
21. Industrial Process Pipe Drafting.
22. Structural Drafting.
23. Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning (HVAC).
24. Civil Drafting.
SECTION VI: Engineering Design.
25. The Engineering Design Process.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Student Companion Website
This website provides a variety of resources to help students review for class, including chapter tests and problems, appendices, reference material, and drawing exercises.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.