Request for consultation
DISCOVERING THE INTERNET: BRIEF, Fourth Edition provides a hands-on introduction to the latest Internet concepts and skills to help students become digitally literate computer users. Societal coverage makes this book unique, and with content on e-business, social media, and technologies of the Internet, students will receive both basic and technical coverage of Internet concepts and skills.
- Expanded coverage on Web 2.0 and social networking.
- Updated steps and figures using Internet Explorer 9.
- Includes the latest developments in Internet concepts.
- Contains seven chapters and one appendix that provide thorough coverage of the Internet and the World Wide Web.
- Provides a broad understanding of the most up-to-date functions, Internet resources, and topics such as security, personal and business blogs, RSS, privacy, copyright and fair use.
- Includes coverage of new features in Windows Internet Explorer 9.
- Offers extensive hands-on activities throughout the text, including updated Facts@Hand, @Source, and @Issue content, assuring that students have an accurate understanding of concepts to get started on the Internet.
- Reinforces Internet concepts and skills with comprehensive end-of-chapter exercises that require critical thinking.
2. Browsing the Web.
3. Searching the Web.
4. Communicating Online.
Appendix A: Exploring Other Browsers.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Resource Web Site
Go beyond the book with Instructor Resources to help you make the most of your classroom and lessons. Here you will find additional information on how to use our text as well as teaching and testing aids. This IR will include Chapter Reinforcement Exercises and Data Files for students, Figure Files, Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint Presentations, Solutions to Exercises, Syllabus, and ExamView test banks.