Request for consultation
Organized alphabetically. Now in its second edition, Delmar’s Guide of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests adds over 50 new entries to its compilation of over 600 lab and diagnostic tests. The most current information is provided in an easy-to-use format ideal for both students and practitioners of nursing, medicine, and medical technology. The exceptionally straightforward and concise presentation of information allows you to focus on providing comprehensive care to your client having laboratory and diagnostic tests and procedures. Now for the first time 50 of the most used tests are included in PDA downloadable format on the accompanying CD-ROM, giving you free electronic access to the test and procedure information most needed.
- Thoroughly updated to provide the most current information available.
- Icons are provided in the text indicating tests that are included as PDA downloads on the free-with-purchase CD-ROM.
- Three indexes promote ease of use and quick access to information: list of tests by type, list of tests by body system, and a general alphabetical index that includes every test name and their synonyms.
- Completely indexed and fully cross referenced with test synonyms indexed for quick reference.
- Before, during, and after test nursing considerations are listed for every test reinforcing the concept that care is needed beyond just the test procedure.
- Weblinks for every test provide internet addresses for finding more information about the alteration being tested for.
- Unique worldwide perspective provided by contributors from the United States, Mexico, Guatamala, and Canada provides a well-rounded knowledge base of information.
- Rural, community, home, and international considerations included as appropriate.
Chapter 1: Understanding and Using Delmar’s Guide to Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests 2nd Edition.
Chapter 2: The Ever-Expanding Role of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests.
Chapter 3: Standard Precautions.
Chapter 4: Case Study Presentations.
Section II: Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests.
List of References.
Appendix A: Abbreviation List.
Appendix B: Venipuncture and Skin Puncture Procedures.
Appendix C: Cancer Tumor Markers and Laboratory Tests used in the Diagnosis and Monitoring of Malignant Tumors.
Appendix D: Consent Form Sample.
Appendix E: Therapeutic Blood Levels of Selected Drugs.
Appendix F: Blood Sample for Central Line.
Appendix G: Reference Laboratory Values.
Appendix H: Routine Serum Electrolytes.
Appendix I: Selected International Perspectives on Diagnostic Testing.
List of tests by body system and function.
List of tests by type.