Request for consultation
Turn to the resource that goes beyond basic coding with the Current Procedural Coding Expert, your CPT® coding resource. Equipped with the entire 2016 CPT® code set and arranged in a design known to speed coding, billing, and reimbursement, this easy-to-navigate resource will benefit physician practices, outpatient hospitals, and ASCs. You’ll also find a comprehensive listing of annual code additions/changes/deletions/reinstatements in the appendix, new code icons and notes, plus reimbursement information and mid-year changes not found in the American Medical Association’s (AMA) CPT® code books.
- New—Appendices arranged in a more comprehensive manner. Find the correct reference material, more easily. Appendix with codes used to report inpatient procedures only.
- Medicare coverage rules with icons and Pub. 100 references. Understand which policies apply to CPT® codes prior to claim submission with icons and references for each rule, plus a copy of the applicable policy in the appendix. Pub. 100s and national coverage determinations (NCD). Access new information that affects coding, including better identification of the national coverage manual.
- Optum360 Edge—Resequenced CPT® code alerts. Identify the AMA’s new code “resequencing” at a glance with our specific instructions, color bars, and brackets.
- Optum360 Edge—Interventional radiology guidance. Access an appendix of illustrations showing interventional radiology vascular families for more accurate radiology coding.
- Optum360 Edge—Headings with detailed Optum360 subheadings and extensive user-friendly index. Locate CPT® codes quickly. Find codes in a flash with the most accurate and expansive index of any CPT® coding resource with terms listed in a variety of ways.
- Optum360 Edge—Medically Unlikely Edits (MUE) appendix. Improve claims accuracy by ensuring CMS compliance through easy-to-access codes and their associated MUE units.
- Optum360 Edge—Brand-name vaccinations associated with CPT® codes. Aid accurate coding for medications with this helpful reference.
- Optum360 Edge—PQRS icons and appendix. Link codes and their associated quality measure for reporting to Medicare.
- Optum360 Edge—Code-specific definitions, rules, and references. Reference comprehensive information compiled from the AMA, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Optum360, and other sources to assist with accurate coding and speed reimbursement.
- Facility and non-facility RVUs and global/follow-up days.