Request for consultation
In FUNDAMENTALS OF PYTHON: FIRST PROGRAMS, respected author Kenneth A. Lambert presents all of the important topics for a CS1 course while preparing your students to study additional languages. The book uses the Python programming language, which is both easy to learn for beginners and scales well to advanced applications. Lambert's back-to-basics approach will be engaging for your students looking for relevance of the concepts and applications from the text to the real world.
- UPDATED with Python 3.
- Number of chapter has been trimmed down so the entire text can be more easily covered in one term.
- Includes sets of programming projects to give students practice in problem solving.
- Offers complete source code for all program examples at the publisher's Web site.
- Uses a just-in-time approach, with no new concept introduced before it is needed to solve a problem.
- Early emphasis on problem solving and algorithm development.
- Covers multiple design strategies, including top-down design and recursive design with functions, object-based programming, and object-oriented design.
- Engages students' interest with modern applications such as graphics, graphical user interfaces (GUIs), networks, and image processing.
- Walks student's through the development of complete programs in numerous case studies.
- Covers basic software development tools for design, testing, and documentation.
- Provides exercises at the end of each section to reinforce students' understanding of each concept.
2. Data Types and Expressions.
3. Control Statements.
4. Strings and Text Files.
5. Lists and Dictionaries.
6. Design with Functions.
7. Simple Graphics and Image Processing.
8. Design with Classes.
9. Graphical User Interfaces.
10. Multithreading, Networks, and Client/Server Programming.
11. Searching, Sorting, and Complexity. (Online only)
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource CD-ROM
All instructor materials are available on one convenient and easy-to-use CD. Most are also available at the Instructor Downloads section of www.cengage.com/coursetechnology, accessible to instructors with a username and password. Designed to help facilitate classroom instruction, the instructor resources are unique to the textbook. Items such as an Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint slides, ExamView test bank, Syllabi, Student Data Files, and Solution Files are offered. Contact your sales rep for more information.