Request for consultation
Delivering solid coverage of both domestic and imports, COMPUTERIZED ENGINE CONTROLS, 9e equips readers with the foundational knowledge needed to successfully diagnose and repair vehicle electronic systems. Reflecting the latest technological advances from the field, the Ninth Edition offers updated and expanded coverage of the approach of diagnostics, air/fuel ratio sensors, OBD II, and much more. This text includes in-depth insight into such cutting-edge topics as hybrid and fuel cell vehicles, GM’s 42-volt system, hexadecimal conversion, multiplexing, and logic gates. Key concepts are reinforced with ASE-style, end-of-chapter questions to familiarize readers with the types of questions they are likely to see in certification testing.
- Coverage of Diagnostic Approach--Appendix A in the previous edition--has been expanded and moved into the main body of the text as the new Chapter 18.
- Additional material dealing with air/fuel ratio sensors is now included.
- GM TBI and PFI chapters of previous editions have been combined, minimizing the emphasis on TBI systems.
- Completely reorganized and rewritten, the chapter on OBD II is easier to read and includes coverage of the most current technology.
- Reflecting the market’s reduced need for product-specific training, the author continues to de-emphasize the product-specific chapters of this book while increasing the amount of generic information that applies to all electronic engine control systems.
- In direct response to customer requests, the Ninth Edition’s instructor resources include PowerPoint lecture slides using selected images from the text, ExamView electronic test questions, an answer key to the exercises and review questions in the text, lab sheets that instructors can copy and assign to students, and an Image library of illustrations from the text.
- Featuring extensive coverage of manufacturer-specific technology, COMPUTERIZED ENGINE CONTROLS, 9e provides detailed discussions of GM, Ford, Chrysler, Bosch, and Nissan/Toyota/Honda engine controls.
- Engages the students with an easy-to-read presentation in a logical sequence of topics.
- ASE-style, end-of-chapter questions drive home key concepts and familiarize readers with the types of questions they are likely to see both in practice and in certification testing.
2. Computers in Cars.
3. Common Components for Computerized Engine Control Systems.
4. Common Operating System Principles for Computerized Engine Control Systems.
5. Diagnostic Concepts.
6. Diagnostic Equipment.
7. Exhaust Gas Analysis.
8. Understanding OBD II.
9. Multiplexing Concepts.
10. General Motor’s Electronic Engine Controls.
11. Advanced General Motor’s Engine Controls.
12. Ford’s Electronic Control IV (EEC IV).
13. Ford’s Electronic Control V (EEC V).
14. Chrysler Corporation Fuel Injection Systems.
15. European (Bosch) Engine Control Systems.
16. Asian Computer Control Systems.
17. Alternative Power Sources.
18. Approach to Diagnostics.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor’s Companion Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.