Request for consultation
Read and use HVAC plans and blueprints like today’s professionals with the latest edition of this widely popular resource! With a focus on air conditioning drawings and hands-on exercises that were the cornerstone of previous editions, Blueprints and Plans for HVAC, 3E aims to help readers master the basics of blueprint reading and apply their new skills to work in the HVAC trade. This third edition has been updated to reflect the increasing use of computers to develop plans and prints, while still including all the critical areas of study, including: using the architect's and engineer's scale, creating and using working and construction drawings, freehand sketching and drafting with instruments, and more! The final section of this all-inclusive book goes beyond basic concepts, enabling users to gain valuable skills in reading and interpreting architectural, ductwork, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing plans.
- illustrations, photos, graphs, and sketches serve as visual aids to reinforce key concepts and clarify complicated material
- contains complete set of commercial blueprints that correlate directly with the book’s exercises, allowing readers to apply what they learn, as they learn it
- helpful appendices provide instant access for beginners to frequently used geometric figures and formulas, conversion tables, abbreviations and symbols
- no prior knowledge is assumed, making this book ideal for use by anyone planning a career in the HVAC industry or the building trades
3. Linear Measurements
4. Angular Measurements
5. Learning to Use the Architect’s Scale
6. Learning to Use the Engineer’s Scale
7. Symbols and Abbreviations
8. How Working Drawing are Created
9. Categories of Working Drawings
10. Sections, Elevations and Details
11. Creating Construction Drawings
12. Who Uses Construction Drawings
14. Title Blocks
15. Types and Weights of Lines
16. Orthographic Projection
17. Oblique Drawings
18. Isometric Drawings
19. Lettering and Notations
20. Organizing a Drawing Sheet
21. Shading and Crosshatching
22. Drawing Construction Elevations
23. Drawing Construction Details
24. Freehand Sketching
25. Drafting with Instruments
26. Reading Architectural Plans
27. Ductwork Plans
28. Reading Mechanical Plans
29. Reading Electrical Plans
30. Reading Plumbing Plans
31. Introduction to Load Calculations
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources include PowerPoint presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, Instructor's Manual, and other text-specific resources.
CourseMate 1-Year Instant Access
Interested in a simple way to complement your text and course content with study and practice materials? Cengage Learning's Blueprint Reading CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. Blueprint Reading CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need!
CourseMate 1-Year Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.