Request for consultation
Motivate your students as they learn C++ with this distinctive emphasis on fundamental programming skills. Written by popular author Diane Zak, AN INTRODUCTION TO PROGRAMMING WITH C++, 7E adopts a unique, student-focused approach. Memorable new examples throughout this edition capture reader attention and demonstrate concepts in action. A wealth of hands-on exercises, including mini-quizzes, labs and "Try This" features give your students the opportunity to absorb, practice and apply concepts as they progress. The book's exceptional visually-driven presentation helps clarify concepts with useful IPO charts, flowcharts and code examples throughout. New videos and PDF files for each chapter demonstrate how readers can complete exercises using various compilers. To ensure professional success, Microsoft® Visual Studio 2012® is available as an optional bundle, guiding readers in using quality code throughout the entire application lifecycle. Trust AN INTRODUCTION TO PROGRAMMING WITH C++, 7E to keep your students enthusiastic about mastering critical C++ skills.
- NEW VIDEOS FOR EACH CHAPTER FURTHER CLARIFY AND BUILD UPON KEY CONCEPTS. These all-new brief and focused videos accompanying each chapter further explain or expand upon the concepts presented in the chapter. The Videos can be downloaded at your convenience at cengagebrain.com and are available in a variety of formats with captivating visual support, including meaningful animations, engaging lectures, and screen captures that display code.
- NEW "WANT MORE INFO?" FILES PROVIDE ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES AND EXPANDED EXPLANATIONS OF SPECIAL INTEREST TOPICS. These special "What More Info?" notes – an extremely popular feature in the author's other programming books – now appear in this edition to direct readers to additional information on topics of particular interest. Notes throughout the text guide readers to PDF files available for download at cengagebrain.com. These extra PDFs contain additional examples and further explanations of topics covered in each chapter.
- NEW PDF FILES DESCRIBE HOW TO USE VARIOUS COMPILERS. Now your students can learn how to complete exercises throughout the text using various compilers with helpful new PDF files available for download on cengagebrain.com.
- NEW ORGANIZATION EMPHASIZES CLASSES AND OBJECTS FOR COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE AND EASE OF USE. A full chapter is devoted to Classes and Objects in this edition, ensuring students have the skills they need to remain competitive. New appendices list common syntax errors and guide students to the helpful How To boxes throughout for a clean, easy-to-use presentation.
- ENGAGING VISUALS EFFECTIVELY USE CHARTS AND EXAMPLES TO CLARIFY CONCEPTS. Known for its functional visual style, this edition makes extensive use of flowcharts, IPO charts, and code examples throughout each chapter to clarify and illustrate key concepts at a glance.
- WEALTH OF HANDS-ON PRACTICE AND MEMORABLE EXAMPLES KEEP STUDENTS ENGAGED AND ACTIVELY LEARNING. This edition continues to provide a wide variety of practical exercises, labs, mini-quizzes, and contemporary examples to keep readers involved and enthusiastic about programming concepts.
- SPECIFIC, CLEARLY LABELED END-OF-CHAPTER EXERCISES PROVIDE A VARIETY OF WORKING EXPERIENCES FOR READERS TO PRACTICE SKILLS LEARNED. All end-of-chapter exercises are leveled and clearly identified to guide reader practice. "Try This," "Modify This," and "Swat the Bugs" exercises keep practice enjoyable and interesting. Answers to "Try This" exercises at the end of each chapter give students immediate feedback to test their understanding, while leveled exercises demonstrate student progress.
- VISUAL STUDIO® 2012, AVAILABLE AS AN OPTIONAL BUNDLE FOR USE WITH THE BOOK, PROVIDES PROFESSIONAL HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE. Now your students can work with the popular, powerful Integrated Development Environment (IDE) -- Microsoft® C++ 2012® -- as they learn the skills of programming with C++. This further demonstrates the usefulness of the skills they are learning and better prepares readers for business success as readers use this tool to ensure quality code throughout the entire application lifecycle, from design to deployment.
2. Beginning the Problem-Solving Process.
3. Variables and Constants.
4. Completing the Problem-Solving Process.
5. The Selection Structure.
6. More on the Selection Structure.
7. The Repetition Structure.
8. More on the Repetition Structure.
9. Value-Returning Functions.
10. Void Functions.
11. One-Dimensional Arrays.
12. Two-Dimensional Arrays.
14. Sequential Access Files.
15: Classes and Objects.
Appendix A : Answers to Mini-Quizzes and Labs.
Appendix B: C++ Keywords.
Appendix C: ASCII Codes.
Appendix D: Common Syntax Errors.
Appendix E: How To Boxes.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Resource Web Site
Discover everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available with password protection. Access and download the Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint® Slides, and other time-saving tools to guide today's learners.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. You can create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.