Request for consultation
An Introduction to Programming with C++, Sixth Edition is the latest C++ offering from Diane Zak. This book is distinct from other textbooks because of its unique approach, which motivates students by demonstrating why they need to learn the concepts and skills presented. Each chapter contains Mini-Quizzes, Labs, and Try This features to help readers practice and absorb the content as they go along. This edition also includes completely new applications and exercises, more IPO charts and flowcharts, and a brand new interior design.
- New easier to use format - Concept and Application Lessons have been streamlined and exercises are all at the end of the chapter.
- New exercises, labs, mini-quizzes, and examples throughout the book.
- Programs now include the using namespace std; directive rather than individual directives, such as using std::cout; and using std::cin;
- SAM Test bank available.
- More IPO charts included in the chapters, with flowcharts available for many of them. Flowcharts can also be found online.
- Two appendices show students how to create and run C++ programs using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and Dev C++.
- All exercises are now marked using one of the following designations: TRY THIS, MODIFY THIS, INTRODUCTORY, INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED, or SWAT THE BUGS. Answers to 'TRY THIS' exercises are provided at the end of each chapter.
- Can be purchased with Visual Studio 2008. Contact your sales representative for more information.
2 Beginning the Problem-Solving Process.
3 Variables and Constants.
4 Completing the Problem-Solving Process.
5 The Selection Structure.
6 More on the Selection Structure.
7 The Repetition Structure.
8 More on the Repetition Structure.
9 Value-Returning Functions.
10 Void Functions.
11 One-Dimensional Arrays.
12 Two-Dimensional Arrays.
14 Sequential Access Files.
Appendix A Answers to Mini-Quizzes and Labs.
Appendix B C++ Keywords.
Appendix C ASCII Codes.
Appendix D How to Use Microsoft Visual C++ 2010.
Appendix E How to Use Dev-C++.
Appendix F Classes and Objects.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Resource Web Site
Discover everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available with password protection. Access and download the Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint® Slides, and other time-saving tools to guide today's learners.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. You can create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.