Request for consultation
Provide your students with a sound conceptual understanding of the role that management science plays in the decision-making process with the latest edition of the book that has defined today's management science course: Anderson/Sweeney/Williams/Camm/Martin's AN INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT SCIENCE: QUANTITATIVE APPROACHES TO DECISION MAKING, REVISED 13th Edition. The trusted market leader for more than two decades, the new edition of this text now reflects the latest developments in Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010. All data sets, applications and screen visuals throughout this REVISED 13th Edition reflect the details of Excel 2010 to accurately prepare your students to work with today's latest spreadsheet tools. The authors continue to provide unwavering accuracy with the book's proven applications-oriented approach and timely, powerful examples. The book's hallmark problem-scenario approach introduces each quantitative technique within an applications setting. Students must apply the management science model to generate solutions and recommendations for management. A comprehensive support package offers all the written and online time-saving support you need with trusted solutions written by the text authors to ensure accuracy. Students gain an understanding of today's most useful software applications with premium online content, including online chapters, LINGO software and Excel add-ins. Student even receive a copy of the popular Microsoft® Project® Professional 2010 on the text's accompanying CD. Trust the world leader AN INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT SCIENCE: QUANTITATIVE APPROACHES TO DECISION MAKING, REVISED 13th Edition to provide the support your course and today's students need. The Student Essential Site PAC (Printed Access Card) that comes with the new book includes: Case Files, Example Files, Problem Files, Tutorials, Solvertable, Palisade DecisionTools (StatTools), Excel Tutorial.
- CHAPTERS ON OPTIMIZATION ARE NO LONGER LINKED TO SPECIFIC SOFTWARE FOR YOUR FLEXIBILITY. This edition's eight chapters on optimization no longer integrate output from the Management Science software, giving you the flexibility to emphasize any software. All figures illustrating computer output are generic and totally independent of software selection. Management Scientist software is still available, for those who wish to incorporate it, on the companion Website for this book.
- UPDATES THROUGHOUT THIS EDITION INTEGRATE THE LATEST CHANGES IN MICROSOFT® OFFICE EXCEL® 2010. Rely on this updated edition to help students master the latest developments in the popular Excel® 2010 spreadsheet package. All Microsoft Excel®, Crystal Ball Pro, Microsoft Excel® Solver and TreePlan Data Sets as well as applications and screen images throughout this edition now reflect the most recent Excel® 2010 version.
- PROVEN PROBLEM-SCENARIO APPROACH CLEARLY INTRODUCES EACH QUANTITATIVE TECHNIQUE WITHIN AN APPLICATION SETTING. A hallmark strength of this text, the author's problem-scenario approach introduces problems using the management science model. Students must apply the management science technique to each problem to generate a business solution or recommendation.
- POWERFUL REAL EXAMPLES HIGHLIGHT PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS. Known for its practical orientation, this edition provides even more actual data drawn from real business that emphasizes applications as well as solid management science and quantitative methodology.
- INTEGRATED COVERAGE OF TODAY'S MOST USEFUL SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS EQUIPS STUDENTS WITH CRITICAL SKILLS. This edition weaves coverage of the software applications most commonly used in business today to help you prepare students to use not only LINGO, but also Excel with quantitative add-ins. Coverage of LINGO and Excel with add-ins, Crystal Ball, TreePlan, and Premium Solver for Education appear in appendixes for your flexibility in coverage.
- WEALTH OF ONLINE CONTENT PROVIDES ONLINE CHAPTERS ON ALGORITHMS, EXCEL TEMPLATES AND ADD-INS, AND SOFTWARE. Each new text provides an access code to open five online chapters focusing on solution algorithms; Excel worksheets and templates that correspond with text examples and models; the Excel add-ins Crystal Ball (time-limited) and TreePlan Excel add-in for Decision Analysis. Students can also access LINGO trial edition software and The Management Scientist 6.0.
- UPDATED CHAPTER APPENDIXES REFLECT THE LATEST FROM MICROSOFT® OFFICE EXCEL® 2010. This edition's chapter appendices detail the latest information from Excel 2010 as well as cover how to use Excel Premium Solver and LINGO. Both Excel and LINGO files are available on the text's companion Website for every model illustrated in the text.
- NEW APPENDIX A: BUILDING SPREADSHEET MODELS OFFERS ASSISTANCE IN SOLVING OPTIMIZATION MODELS USING EXCEL® SOLVER. This helpful, optional appendix provides useful insights for solving optimization models with Excel Solver. The appendix also discusses the principles of good spreadsheet modeling and provides useful auditing tips as well as practical exercises.
- REVISED CHAPTER ON TIME SERIES ANALYSIS AND FORECASTING (CH. 15) OFFERS STRONGER FOCUS ON TIME SERIES DATA AND METHODS. This edition includes a new section on forecast accuracy as well as more emphasis on curve fitting and nonlinear trend. The authors have also more closely integrated the Time Series Analysis and Forecasting chapter (Ch.15) with the rest of the text by emphasizing how finding the best parameter values in forecasting models is an application of optimization. The authors illustrate this using Excel® Solver and LINGO.
- NEW POPULAR MICROSOFT® PROJECT PROFESSIONAL 2010 SOFTWARE ACCOMPANIES THIS EDITION. This edition's chapter on Project Scheduling: PERT/CPM (Ch. 9) now includes an appendix on Microsoft® Project Professional 2010. Students become familiar with this popular software for project management that they are likely to encounter on the job. Actual Microsoft® Project Professional 2010 software is available on the CD that accompanies each new text.
- REVISED CHAPTER ON LINEAR PROGRAMMING: SENSITIVITY ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF SOLUTION (CH. 3) REFLECTS THE MOST UP-TO-DATE MATERIAL. The material throughout Chapter 3 is presented in a timely, contemporary manner with an emphasis on the ease of using software to analyze optimization models.
- NEW MANAGEMENT SCIENCE IN ACTION, CASES, AND PROBLEMS DEMONSTRATE CHAPTER PRINCIPLES IMPACTING BUSINESS. Short, meaningful "Management Science in Action" summaries describe each chapter's concepts are actually used in practice. This edition offers numerous, engaging Management Science in Action vignettes and cases as well as homework problems for hands-on practice.
- TRUSTED TEAM OF EXPERT AUTHORS DELIVERS UNERRING ACCURACY. Respected leaders and active consultants in the fields of business and statistics, the Anderson/Sweeney/Williams/Camm/Martin team of authors personally write and confirm all text presentation examples, problems, and Test Bank content to ensure unwavering accuracy and dependability.
2. An Introduction to Linear Programming.
3. Linear Programming: Sensitivity Analysis and Interpretation of Solution.
4. Linear Programming Applications in Marketing, Finance, and Operations Management.
5. Advanced Linear Programming Applications.
6. Distribution and Network Models.
7. Integer Linear Programming.
8. Nonlinear Optimization Models.
9. Project Scheduling: PERT/CPM.
10. Inventory Models.
11. Waiting Line Models.
13. Decision Analysis.
14. Multicriteria Decisions.
16. Markov Processes.
17. Linear Programming: Simplex Method (on Website).
18. Simplex-Based Sensitivity Analysis and Duality (on Website).
19. Solution Procedures for Transportation (on Website).
20. Minimal Spanning Tree (on Website).
21. Dynamic Programming (on Website).
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero™, is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want.