Request for consultation
Begin a career in the world of health insurance billing with A Guide to Health Insurance Billing, Third Edition. This resource introduces learners to medical billing, covering everything from patient registration to claims submission. Students will become familiar with appropriate terminology, understand legal and regulatory guidelines, and develop an understanding of coding systems. The Superiorland Clinic practical simulation in Appendix A puts students' skills to the test with 20 case studies that require forms completion.
- Fully updated to the most current guidelines, billing forms, and codes.
- Features SimClaim student practice software for the CMS-1500 billing form.
- Includes 30-day free trial of EncoderPro.
- Separate chapters that cover coding concepts, with Coding Challenge exercises including Procedure Reports, and a chapter on ICD-10-CM.
- Step-by-step completion guidelines for the CMS-1500 and UB-04 billing forms.
- Separate chapters on Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and insurance payors.
- Appendix A features 20 case studies that require creation of insurance claims.
- Instructor resources include test bank, PowerPoint, and Instructor's Manual.
2. Legal Aspects of Insurance Billing.
3. Introduction to Health Insurance.
4. International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM).
5. International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM).
6. Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and Healthcare Common Procedure.
7. Developing An Insurance Claim.
8. Common CMS-1500 Completion Guidelines.
9. Common UB-92 (HCFA-1450) Completion Guidelines.
10. Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
11. Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
14. TRICARE and CHAMPVA.
15. Workers Compensation.
Appendix A: Superiorland Clinic Practice Manual.
Assignments: Case Study 2-1 Through Case Study 2-10.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The instructor's Manual serves as an instructional resource and provides teaching tips or guidelines, essay questions, answers to review and test questions, key objectives, glossary, appendices and exercises for content reinforcement.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
The Instructor Resources includes PowerPoint® presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, and the Instructor's Manual.