Request for consultation
Have a specific question or not sure where to start? Fill out the form below and we'll put you in touch with our best rockstar consultant to answer your questions
The Third Edition of A GUIDE TO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS FOR THE SERVICE DESK PROFESSIONAL explores the changing role of the service desk professional. Each chapter expands upon a particular skill required to provide effective customer support and provides proven techniques for implementing the concepts. Research, references, and resources have been updated in each chapter, and ITIL vocabulary and concepts are reflected throughout the text. New information is also incorporated, such as a discussion of general trends currently affecting the information technology industry and technology trends affecting the service desk. The text focuses on providing individuals with practical instruction on the unique skill set needed to execute the expanding mission of the service desk.
- Updated to include a discussion of current industry issues such as the adoption of ITIL, cost pressures, supporting an increasingly diverse customer base, and the collapsing of support models.
- Includes coverage of technology trends relating to customer service skills such as the increased use of chat, email, Web-based and knowledge management technologies.
- Provides additional helpful hints, study questions, exercises, and case studies.
- Provides service desk students with a "how to" approach to using business, soft, and self-management skills to deliver excellent customer support.
- Offers useful tips that enable students to achieve job satisfaction and avoid frustration and burnout.
- Includes interviews with service desk and IT industry professionals and incorporates real-world case studies.
- Reinforces real-world scenarios through extensive end-of-chapter material.
2. Developing Strong Listening and Communication Skills.
3. Winning Telephone Skills.
4. Technical Writing Skills for Support Professionals.
5. Handling Difficult Customer Situations.
6. Solving and Preventing Problems.
7. Business Skills for Technical Professionals.
8. Teams and Team Players in a Help Desk Setting.
9. Minimizing Stress and Avoiding Burnout.
Appendix: Help Desk Resources.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Resource
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.