Request for consultation
Written to improve the algebra and problem-solving skills of students taking a calculus course, every chapter in this companion is keyed to a calculus topic, providing conceptual background and specific algebra techniques needed to understand and solve calculus problems related to that topic.
1. Cartesian Coordinates.
3. Companion to Limits.
4. Companion to Continuous Functions.
5. The Role of Infinity.
6. Problem Solving and Rates of Change.
7. Companion to Rules of Differentiation.
8. Review of Trigonometric Functions.
9. Companion to Implicit Differentiation.
10. Companion to Repeated Differentiation.
11. Companion to Related Rates.
12. Linear Approximations and Differentials.
13. Companion to Exponential Functions.
14. Companion to Inverse Functions.
15. Companion to Logarithmic Functions.
16. Companion to Extreme Values of a Function.
17. Companion to Curve Sketching.
18. Companion to Antidifferentiation.
19. Companion to Area and Riemann Sums.
20. Companion to the Definite Integral.
Answers to Exercises.